Two different C&A numbers

ScottD

Got our Cruise docs today and I noticed that my son and I had our C&A status next to our name, but my wife did not. I logged into her cruise planner account, and that has her previous cruises and the correct status. Then I looked at the cruise docs again and noticed her C&A number is not the same as the one on her account. It looks like they assigned her a new number for this upcoming cruise. It's not a huge deal, but I'd like to clear up any confusion for when we get further along in our privileges.  Should I email my TA and ask her to look into it or is it just as easy at this point to bring it to the C&A desk on the ship and ask them to merge the two account numbers? 

I say just go to the C&A desk onboard.

I've had troubles in the past with multiple numbers due to having an apostrophe in my last name because the apostrophe is considered a special character not a letter. I had a number issued for my name with a space where the apostrophe should be, and one for my name with no space.

Our travel agent spent more time than she should have trying to get things resolved, so I just started going to the loyalty ambassador when I boarded if there were any problems.

Three cruises ago, the loyalty ambassador had a special character in his name, so I found someone who understood exactly what was happening.  He fixed it, and so far, it's been okay.

26 minutes ago, teddy said:

I say just go to the C&A desk onboard.

I've had troubles in the past with multiple numbers due to having an apostrophe in my last name because the apostrophe is considered a special character not a letter. I had a number issued for my name with a space where the apostrophe should be, and one for my name with no space.

Our travel agent spent more time than she should have trying to get things resolved, so I just started going to the loyalty ambassador when I boarded if there were any problems.

Three cruises ago, the loyalty ambassador had a special character in his name, so I found someone who understood exactly what was happening.  He fixed it, and so far, it's been okay.

This is probably exactly what happened, our last name starts D'A.... so that may be the issue. I was avoiding bothering the TA with this, I already have her working on dining preferences, lol. 

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'd call CAS at ‭(800) 526-9723‬.

If it were me I'd rather clear it up now so she boards with the proper status and it's one last thing to waste time on during your vacation onboard.  

Sounds like a plan, I'll try that first

My last name also, is two separate words.  Very common in Latin or European-based names.  Too many data-enterers insist on running the two words together, alphabetically creating two different files than just the one intended.

This has created quite an alias problem for me, so I will no longer accept any document with my name misspelled or otherwise ran together.  And my insistence is so often misunderstood, as not a big deal.  To make them understand the importance, at least a little, I use the example of a former president, Martin Van Buren.  That's easily and correctly accepted.  But running it together, as Martin Vanburen makes it a different name. 

Similarly the actor Robert De Niro... Running the words together, Deniro makes for a different spot in a data base.  And this is a much closer example of my name and the data storing problems it's created. 

On 9/1/2023 at 11:51 AM, twangster said:

I'd call CAS at ‭(800) 526-9723‬.

If it were me I'd rather clear it up now so she boards with the proper status and it's one last thing to waste time on during your vacation onboard.  

Thanks @twangster I called today and had it resolved in less than 10 minutes. Even the boarding pass on the app changed colors to reflect her updated status