Wait-listed for MDR at 5:30, Mariner

CruiseMsclDad

Hi guys!

So I had thought my TA made my reservation of for this cruise at traditional dining large table at 5:30. I found out this morning I was made Anytime Dining at 8:15 PM! Not amused to say the least. Anyway called up RCCL this morning and I have been wait listed for 5:30 PM. Questions?

What do you think my odds are at getting the 5:30 seating?

Staying in a GS, would this be a request that the concierge could handle?

Thanks guys!

Mitch

Just now, CruiseMsclDad said:

Hi guys!

So I had thought my TA made my reservation of for this cruise at traditional dining large table at 5:30. I found out this morning I was made Anytime Dining at 8:15 PM! Not amused to say the least. Anyway called up RCCL this morning and I have been wait listed for 5:30 PM. Questions?

What do you think my odds are at getting the 5:30 seating?

Staying in a GS, would this be a request that the concierge could handle?

Thanks guys!

Mitch

UGH.  I wouldn't be happy either.  You are fortunate though...the Suites Concierge will be able to straighten this out for you before you even get onboard.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

UGH.  I wouldn't be happy either.  You are fortunate though...the Suites Concierge will be able to straighten this out for you before you even get onboard.

I should have prefaced this by saying I did not mean to blame my TA, I think mistakes happen, and she was able to get me a Grand Suite at a really great price, but I will see what my concierge will come up with, I am flexible with my dinner times, just prefer to eat before 8 PM. Thank you for your comments.

Just wanted to mention I don’t think at all it was a mistake by your TA. I know you weren’t blaming them anyway, but I just got back from a cruise not too long ago with a similar problem. I had early seating selected and confirmed on all documents. Once on board the app said I had MTD. The dining room was of no help and just said those that booked their cruises later couldn’t get early dining and there were just no tables available despite what my documentation said. There was never any indication we were on a waitlist or anything. We were stuck with MTD and missed the show times we were hoping for but made the best of it and still enjoyed our cruise.