Liberty of the Seas - Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines

Fawnd89

Hello,

I have heard that the Freestyle machines on Liberty of the Seas are gone. I looked at the app and noticed they aren't listen on liberty under the Dinning tab but are listed on other ships, like Freedom of the Seas. Any ideas in why they are gone and how this effects the different drink packages?

4 minutes ago, Fawnd89 said:

Hello,

I have heard that the Freestyle machines on Liberty of the Seas are gone. I looked at the app and noticed they aren't listen on liberty under the Dinning tab but are listed on other ships, like Freedom of the Seas. Any ideas in why they are gone and how this effects the different drink packages?

Not gone, they were never there. 

I was on Liberty about a month ago and had the DBP. Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite was available at all the bars.

I lived off of Diet Cokes from the bars the entire time (I am diabetic). It was okay but obviously I would have preferred more choices. On Anthem and Oasis, I relied on Powerade Zero from the Freestyle machines for hydration. I enjoyed the occasional Diet Ginger Ale too (along with its many flavor variations). This time, I had to bring Liquid IV powder to add to the water bottles to stay hydrated.

However, on the last day of the cruise, I saw cans of Sprite Zero at the Sorrentos bar. I’m not sure if this is an “all-the-time” thing though. That would have been nice to have.

6 minutes ago, RockerDom31 said:

I was on Liberty about a month ago and had the DBP. Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite was available at all the bars.

I lived off of Diet Cokes from the bars the entire time (I am diabetic). It was okay but obviously I would have preferred more choices. On Anthem and Oasis, I relied on Powerade Zero from the Freestyle machines for hydration. I enjoyed the occasional Diet Ginger Ale too (along with its many flavor variations). This time, I had to bring Liquid IV powder to add to the water bottles to stay hydrated.

However, on the last day of the cruise, I saw cans of Sprite Zero at the Sorrentos bar. I’m not sure if this is an “all-the-time” thing though. That would have been nice to have.

Do you still get the souvenir cup like on ships with the machines? As much as I love Royal Caribbean I have to say not at the very least adding the freestyle machines is pretty piss poor. I mean it's a very simple thing to do I would think. Thanks for the info. I just worry about the bartender getting annoyed because you want a soda when they have customers that want actual drinks. That's all I worry about. 

You can get a souvenir cup if you have a drink package. I believe you can ask any bar for one. I never asked for one though. I was okay with getting it in one of the bar cups or glasses. If you do get one, they ask that you take the lid off for them.

The bartenders won’t be annoyed. As a matter of fact, they never scanned my card for soda. They just looked at my SeaPass card.

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Do you still get the souvenir cup like on ships with the machines? As much as I love Royal Caribbean I have to say not at the very least adding the freestyle machines is pretty piss poor. I mean it's a very simple thing to do I would think. Thanks for the info. I just worry about the bartender getting annoyed because you want a soda when they have customers that want actual drinks. That's all I worry about. 

I love Freestyle machines, but I'm not willing to go to Piss Poor for not having them.  No other cruise line offers them that I know, they are available in few fast food restaurants on land.

A bartender won't get annoyed, after all soda is an actual drink and easier to prepare than a mocktail.

12 minutes ago, Xaa said:

I love Freestyle machines, but I'm not willing to go to Piss Poor for not having them.  No other cruise line offers them that I know, they are available in few fast food restaurants on land.

A bartender won't get annoyed, after all soda is an actual drink and easier to prepare than a mocktail.

Ok, maybe a bit harsh but kinda a bad job. It's an easy convenient way to get soda with tons of options. 

They're being added to all new ships it seems.  I doubt that there is any conspiracy to keep us from having it on Liberty so I'm going to assume there is an obstacle about which we are unaware vs them doing a bad job.  I'm thinking they prefer the self serve option as much as we do.

I do share your disappointment though.