Has anyone been able to use American Express for pay for Royal Caribbean cruise when booked through Costco Travel

I booked a Royal Caribbean cruise for 2024 through Costco Travel.  Now I want to make a partial payment using American Express because of a promo offer by Amex, however Costco only takes Visa and Mastercard.  Has anyone encountered this kind of issue before?  Would Costco Travel be able to call Royal Caribbean to make a payment using Amex?  This is the first time I've booked through Costco Travel before, so I don't know how flexible they are.  I was able to using any credit card with my travel agent before. 

The promo offer will trigger from Cruise Planner purchases, so that's an option if you can't get Costco to push through an Amex payment.

If you're likely going to cruise again you can always book a refundable cruise through Royal or another TA and use the Amex for the deposit. Then switch the reservation when you make a final decision on what you're going to book.

I use Costco as the TA on all my cruises.  They are great people to work with because they are paid by the hour and do not mind getting a supervisor involved.  I would give them a call and see if they can help you process your payment with RCL.  In the future you can book through Royal and get everything set and then transfer it to Costco to get their rebates and discounts.

16 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Costco only takes Visa.  Since you are using them as your TA, you will have to pay through them.

It kind of depends how you shop at Costco, and where Costco Travel "lives" within the Costco system (answer: I don't know). Costco stores and gas stations only take Visa, but Costco.com purchases can also be done in Mastercard, Discover, JCB, and Diners (because apparently some people still live in 1983 and use Diners). Obviously none are Amex, but more than just Visa.