On Line Check in question

I have already done my on line check in and at the time I selected birth certificates for my 2 granddaughters as they did not have a passport.  They just got their passport and I can't find where I can change and update to put their passport numbers in.  Will this matter if we wait until we get checked in at the port?

@whitsmom You may already know this  make sure you bring a notarized letter from the parents (unless you have custody) authorizing you to take the grand kids out of the country or you won't be allowed to board. We also now carry an officially copy of my son's birth certificate along with his passport as it is the only legal document that establishes that we are in fact his parents. Although I read this was recommended, I've never needed it, even when traveling through Europe. 

Just now, DocLC said:

@whitsmom You may already know this  make sure you bring a notarized letter from the parents (unless you have custody) authorizing you to take the grand kids out of the country or you won't be allowed to board. We also now carry an officially copy of my son's birth certificate along with his passport as it is the only legal document that establishes that we are in fact his parents. Although I read this was recommended, I've never needed it, even when traveling through Europe. 

My daughter, Son-n-Law, and my Grandsons are coming too - they are just in two other staterooms across the hall from us.

10 hours ago, whitsmom said:

I have already done my on line check in and at the time I selected birth certificates for my 2 granddaughters as they did not have a passport.  They just got their passport and I can't find where I can change and update to put their passport numbers in.  Will this matter if we wait until we get checked in at the port?

You can also call RCCI customer service (there's a number on their website) and they can make those changes for you.  That will save you the time at the port and give you peace of mind that all is ok.   You can even check back online and make sure those changes are in.   I've called them for lots of changes (like shore excursions, spa times, etc.) and they are always very fast and  helpful.   Yes, it should be much easier to do these things online!  

12 hours ago, cruise-y said:

You can also call RCCI customer service (there's a number on their website) and they can make those changes for you.  That will save you the time at the port and give you peace of mind that all is ok.   You can even check back online and make sure those changes are in.   I've called them for lots of changes (like shore excursions, spa times, etc.) and they are always very fast and  helpful.   Yes, it should be much easier to do these things online!  

I think I will call them later today and do this.  I am one who likes to make sure I have all my ducks in a row (so to speak). 

21 hours ago, DocLC said:

My big story with this - when I was 14 my mom wanted to bring us to Cancun on a vacation with her side of the family (my parents divorced when I was 8) 

We got to the airport, and they asked my mom for the notarized letter saying that we could be brought out of the country since my parents had joint custody. That was a scary hour or so at the airport, but my dad was able to fax over a notarized letter saying everything was good and we were able to board our flight. 

8 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I've seen a few references to people needing letters due to divorce.  How does anyone at the port know a child's parents are divorced and need a letter?  Is it noted on their passport or something else?

It is really any child traveling with one parent.   When i took my 3 kids on a cruise without my husband i was told to bring the notorized letter.   I never had to show it but it was the same as if i was divorced...they just want to make sure you have 2 parent consent.  Jane