Help! Newbie here! Coastal Kitchen for suite guests question

mdbreed

My cousin and I are taking a cruise on Freedom of the Seas and booked a junior suite. Our other cousin and Great Aunt who is 90 made their reservation and ended up with a balcony room, not suite.  My question is, will they allow me to pay for them to join us? I also found out that we go to another check in point at the port and wondered if they would be able to join us for this as well.  Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, mdbreed said:

My cousin and I are taking a cruise on Freedom of the Seas and booked a junior suite. Our other cousin and Great Aunt who is 90 made their reservation and ended up with a balcony room, not suite.  My question is, will they allow me to pay for them to join us? I also found out that we go to another check in point at the port and wondered if they would be able to join us for this as well.  Thank you in advance!

You can purchase the Key for them so that they have the same priority embarkation as you.  Though the Key actually has more benefits than a junior suite (like wifi).

I have a question too for Junior Suites as I am a new Cruiser.

It says we can eat at Coastal Kitchen for dinner per availability. Do we even get the chance to eat there or most of the time there won't be any ''availability''. If we picked a 5:50pm dining, would it apply to it too or we would need to make separate reservations?

Is it the same food at Coastal Kitchen than the Dining Room, it's it's just the ambiance that's different?

Last question that has nothing to do with Coastal Kitchen really.. But I heard about ''Formal Nights'' and read that only on those nights we can enjoy lobster without any extra charge? Am I understanding well and is this available at any restaurant on board? Any other special things on those nights? Any free drinks? We are going as a family and won't be taking any extra packages so I wanna know if any special events I can get free extras.. 

Thank you! 🙂

1 hour ago, CruiseMommyOf3 said:

It says we can eat at Coastal Kitchen for dinner per availability. Do we even get the chance to eat there or most of the time there won't be any ''availability''. If we picked a 5:50pm dining, would it apply to it too or we would need to make separate reservations?

You have to go to CK and make separate reservations. They will determine availability and let you know. It varies by sailing.

Is it the same food at Coastal Kitchen than the Dining Room, it's it's just the ambiance that's different?

No, completely different menu and MUCH better IMO (though food is, of course, subjective). You can view it in the app.

Last question that has nothing to do with Coastal Kitchen really.. But I heard about ''Formal Nights'' and read that only on those nights we can enjoy lobster without any extra charge? Am I understanding well and is this available at any restaurant on board? Any other special things on those nights? Any free drinks? We are going as a family and won't be taking any extra packages so I wanna know if any special events I can get free extras..

The 2nd formal night will have lobster tail in the MDR and a poached lobster dish in CK. Normal menus everywhere else. Otherwise, it's just another night. Many people won't even be dressed up. No extras or freebies.

@CruiseMommyOf3 Keep in mind access to Coastal Kitchen (CK) is only available on Oasis and Quantum class ships. I know the FAQs list it under suite perks, but that restaurant is specifically on those two classes. Prime time will usually be 6-7 as people are trying to dine before the shows, you might be able to easily score a 5:30pm reservation each night.

Formal night is just a night to dress up and get picture taken. Lobster night will be the second formal night of a 7n+ sailing based around the US/Caribbean. If you are doing a Med/Asian sailing, it won't be available. 

52 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You have to go to CK and make separate reservations. They will determine availability and let you know. It varies by sailing.

No, completely different menu and MUCH better IMO (though food is, of course, subjective). You can view it in the app.

The 2nd formal night will have lobster tail in the MDR and a poached lobster dish in CK. Normal menus everywhere else. Otherwise, it's just another night. Many people won't even be dressed up. No extras or freebies.

Thank you for the information! So only the 2nd Formal night will have lobster included, there is nothing special with the 1st Formal night?

22 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@CruiseMommyOf3 Keep in mind access to Coastal Kitchen (CK) is only available on Oasis and Quantum class ships. I know the FAQs list it under suite perks, but that restaurant is specifically on those two classes. Prime time will usually be 6-7 as people are trying to dine before the shows, you might be able to easily score a 5:30pm reservation each night.

Formal night is just a night to dress up and get picture taken. Lobster night will be the second formal night of a 7n+ sailing based around the US/Caribbean. If you are doing a Med/Asian sailing, it won't be available. 

I am going to be on Anthem on the Seas going to Coco Cay. When I book it did say diner was included for Coastal Kitchen... It means it's not accurate it was just a ''general'' message? 

20 minutes ago, CruiseMommyOf3 said:

Thank you for the information! So only the 2nd Formal night will have lobster included, there is nothing special with the 1st Formal night?

Not really. The best night in CK, IMO, is night one when they have filet mignon.

19 minutes ago, CruiseMommyOf3 said:

I am going to be on Anthem on the Seas going to Coco Cay. When I book it did say diner was included for Coastal Kitchen... It means it's not accurate it was just a ''general'' message? 

Anthem is Quantum class so they do have CK.

5 hours ago, CruiseMommyOf3 said:

Your info is correct, you didn't mention ship, so I was just making sure you were sailing on a class that has CK. Really try to score a reservation on night one as it is filet night, the filet is amazing.