5:30 dining, 7:00 pm show?

SLM

Hi, We have early dining, which for our cruise (Liberty to Bermuda) is 5:30pm.  I would like to book the 7 pm shows rather than the 9:15p shows.  If we have reservations, how early should we arrive at the theater?  Would we have to rush dinner to make a 7 pm show?  Thanks.

Liberty opens the door for dinner at 5:15.  Arrive then and tell your server what time you want to be out of the dining room and follow up with a reminder.  2 weeks ago on Liberty we had 2people at my table who wanted to be at a 7pm show.  They arrived early, stated their intentions and the service was not sped up.  They ended up skipping dessert and leaving the dining room at 6:45.  This isn’t typical.  I wonder if the server misunderstood.  

More times than not, we've rushed thru our meal as best we could, and left the MDR before desert, just to make the 7PM show(s).  Yes, the waitstaff was aware we needed to be done with dinner quickly, but it wasn't happening.  This is one more excuse we make to avoid the MDR for dinner.

On my very last cruise, aboard Symphony, same scenario, but the waitstaff got us thru our meal in plenty of time for a show.  Maybe, partially, because the dining room was not at all full.  But also because the waitstaff was marvelous.

So, best answer about making a 7PM show after dining early... Maybe.😆

When I am on the ship alone can-do dinner in 30 minutes.  I tell them to keep the bread (don't need the carbs).  I skip the appetizer unless there is something amazing (don't need calories from something that is just ok).  Then I eat the main dish and take my time and enjoy it.  About 1/2 of the time, I get my dessert to go (my snack after the show).