Does Royal still charge 1.99 per day to chat with your party on the app?

I saw a post that as of January 2023 you could chat with the Royal app with your party all cruise long for no fee, but in the April 23, 2023 Brilliance of the Sea compass it still says there is a 1.99 fee per day. Can anyone tell me if there is still a fee?

Screenshot_20230621-183913.png

Screenshot_20230621-183913.png

Just like @smokeybandit said it's free but...our experience has been that if you buy the Internet package it works great.  My husband gets the Internet while I don't and the app is designed differently for those people like me.  I can sign into the app and chat away but after an hour of non-use it will kick me out.  I have to sign in again to refresh the app and see the messages that my husband left but won't appear on my phone until I refresh.  We checked onboard and the IT employee said that the app is designed to kick me off after one hour of non-use so I can look at my phone and think he hasn't texted me when actually he has but it won't be seen until I sign in all over again. 

6 hours ago, Montemy2419 said:

Just like @smokeybandit said it's free but...our experience has been that if you buy the Internet package it works great.  My husband gets the Internet while I don't and the app is designed differently for those people like me.  I can sign into the app and chat away but after an hour of non-use it will kick me out.  I have to sign in again to refresh the app and see the messages that my husband left but won't appear on my phone until I refresh.  We checked onboard and the IT employee said that the app is designed to kick me off after one hour of non-use so I can look at my phone and think he hasn't texted me when actually he has but it won't be seen until I sign in all over again. 

Are you on an Iphone? I think there is a setting on iphones to keep this from happening...I'm an android guy so I'm not sure but almost positive I've read something on this board about a setting that will keep you logged in. 

We found it mostly useless.  All adults so we weren’t keeping tabs on kids (well I was but that’s a whole different therapy session!).  One party couldn’t link to the rest of us at all.  Messages showing up hours later or not at all.  If you need real time contact, this doesn’t do it.

We used it on quite a few sailings last year.  It worked fine - only issue is sometimes you receive a notification that you have a message and sometimes you don't.  If everyone is signed in that you are communicating with then it works great and in real time.  If not, then you have to wait for whomever you are messaging, to log into the app in order for them to see your message.  It's better than nothing, but texting is more reliable if those in your party have internet.