Boston Assistance Requested

Marian Ufkes

We are going on the Serenade of the Seas 7 Night Canada Cruise on 10/22/2023.  We are flying into Boston  from LAX on Thursday the 19th as none of us have been there before and we will spend two days sightseeing.   Does anyone have recommendations where to stay.  Is it better to stay by the historical district and take a taxi to the port, or should we stay by the port and take rapid transit around?  Thank you all so much

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 4:05 PM, Marian Ufkes said:

We are going on the Serenade of the Seas 7 Night Canada Cruise on 10/22/2023.  

There are a bunch of us on this sailing as this is one of our Royal Caribbean Blog Group cruises!

We have found hotel prices are super high due to some event in the area that weekend..a Regatta, I believe.  We are only coming in the day before so we are staying in the seaport area. We have been to Boston before and done the sightseeing thing so no need for us this trip.

Coming in a few days early is a good idea to explore the area. You can accomplish a lot of sightseeing by foot and using the subway.  Lyft and Uber are also prevalent as an alternative to taxis.

11 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

There are a bunch of us on this sailing as this is one of our Royal Caribbean Blog Group cruises!

We have found hotel prices are super high due to some event in the area that weekend..a Regatta, I believe.  We are only coming in the day before so we are staying in the seaport area. We have been to Boston before and done the sightseeing thing so no need for us this trip.

Coming in a few days early is a good idea to explore the area. You can accomplish a lot of sightseeing by foot and using the subway.  Lyft and Uber are also prevalent as an alternative to taxis.

Thanks for the info about hotels in the area - I haven't booked a room yet, so I need to get on it!!