Where can I change or set up preferences on bed orientation?

talk to your room steward on the first day and they will help you with whatever is possible.   If you booked a suite, the concierge will email you prior to the cruise and you can ask then (again, not all requests are possible to accommodate).

I recently booked a room and the RC rep told me "separation of that bed is not possible, is that ok?" and he told me we need to talk to the steward about sleeping arrangements (ie, using the couch in this case).

You don't mention what ship you are sailing or cabin class, but in April on Wonder we received an e-mail from Guest Services (form e-mail, check the boxes, something along those lines) asking our preferences, about 7-14 days prior to embarkation date. E-mail stated the info would be passed on to Housekeeping. We were booked in a junior suite, but as stated, touch base with cabin steward on embarkation day or travel agent prior to sailing if that's how you booked the trip.

I also copied this information for possible future use.  I am sorry that I don't have the OP info.

"When you first open the app, click on the hints and tips section under the ship (it should say Welcome aboard! since it should be day 1), scroll down to where it says "Stateroom requests are just a tap away" and there is a TELL US link. It doesn't work unless you're on the ship but it redirects you to guest-requests.rccl.com so I'm thinking you could also just go to that URL once onboard."

1 hour ago, instaGator said:

I also copied this information for possible future use.  I am sorry that I don't have the OP info.

"When you first open the app, click on the hints and tips section under the ship (it should say Welcome aboard! since it should be day 1), scroll down to where it says "Stateroom requests are just a tap away" and there is a TELL US link. It doesn't work unless you're on the ship but it redirects you to guest-requests.rccl.com so I'm thinking you could also just go to that URL once onboard."

Awesome information, thank you!

4 hours ago, Xaa said:

Credit to @OCSC Mike.  

It is a good tip.

Thanks. I accept free D drinks as gratuity. 😁

We didn't even use it as we were getting excellent twice/day service in a GS last week and only ever asked for some extra towels once but the old fashioned way since we saw our cabin attendant frequently.

I suspect we'll try it on our future cruises when we're back in our usual non-suite cabins.