Name on booking vs passport

I had reserved my booking with a name which exactly matched my passport, which is Robert David Eller (given name) Simmons (last name). However, my reservation says first name as Robert and last name as David Eller Simmons. I noticed this and  called TA and TA called Royal to remove David Eller. Now my booking says first name as Robert and last name as Simmons. This doesn’t match my passport. TA says Royal only matches first and last names so booking doesn’t even require any middle names. Will this be a problem? Thoughts? TIA

I think it depends on where the cruise departs... If it is a port in the USA, then it's probably fine for First + Last names only... 

If I remember correctly, the last time I cruised out of Hong Kong, the reservation name needed to match exactly with what is on the passport, just like plane tickets... But then again, it's been over 8 years now, so my memory is hazy... 

None of my bookings have had middle name on them and haven’t had issue with that when boarding. In fact, my bookings also usually don’t end up having my suffix (II) so when scanning my passport at the terminal for final check in the folio gets “updated” to have it. Each time I’ve checked in and boarded just fine. I also use my passport checking in on the app when it opens and never encounter any problems.