First Alaskan cruise

Hello. My family and I will be taking our first Alaskan cruise in the next several days. I’m a little nervous about the weather, but I think we planned well for the outside. My question is what is the average temperature in the ship? I don’t plan on bringing the average sundress and sandals like we usually do on our previous cruises, as I think it’ll be a waste but Will jeans and a long sleeve top be warm enough or will it be too warm on the ship? Thank you. 

Edited by miscam2005
No change…my apologies

We are also going on our first cruise to Alaska this month.  The videos that I have watched show people very casually dressed on the ship with long sleeve tops and jeans.  I have read that layers are so important that it can reach the 70's during the day but also suddenly be rainy and cold.  I am going to pack casual, relaxing clothes while focusing on warmth because I run cold naturally.

My husband and I were on the Brilliance at the end of May to Alaska, and the ship itself was very warm inside, and my husband was very sweaty!  He was sorry that he only brought one pair of shorts. I was fine but I felt the warmth as well and didn't need to wear layers inside.  I also wore flip flops around the ship, and a sun dress with a nice cardigan (and flip flops) was what I wore for formal night in the dining room.  I don't know if that's just because it was Brilliance, maybe the larger ships like Ovation and Quantum have better air conditioning.  My husband also couldn't get the air conditioning in our cabin to work well either, so no cooler air in our cabin either.  

Just off Ovation from last week where the port weather was terrible (rainy, windy and 40s).  You would never have known it inside the ship as the temperature was very much normal inside temperatures.  So if you normally wear shorts inside, you'll be fine wearing shorts on the ship.  If you're normally freezing inside and need a jacket, you'll need a jacket on the ship.  But definitely bring layers as you might be spending time on the outside decks viewing the scenery and wildlife.

1 hour ago, Va4fam said:

following along.....headed to Alaska in less than 3 weeks.

I'm assuming the weather inside the ship will be comfortable, but glacier viewing and sail away could be chilly or wet.

I'm bringing layers and a rain jacket.

If you are on Quantum class, there are plenty of indoor locations. 

20230606_061218.jpg