Show times and dinner

Quick question: if I reserve a show at 8:30 would I be able to have an abundant amount of time left after dinner if I reserve dinner at 6? (2 and a half hours earlier). I heard that dinner could take up to two hours and I have three people in my travel party so…I would like to not rush things and get to the show venue at least 30 minutes before the show starts. Would I make it? I could also ask the server to speed it up but again, I like things slow-paced. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Dumpling214 said:

Quick question: if I reserve a show at 8:30 would I be able to have an abundant amount of time left after dinner if I reserve dinner at 6? (2 and a half hours earlier). I heard that dinner could take up to two hours and I have three people in my travel party so…I would like to not rush things and get to the show venue at least 30 minutes before the show starts. Would I make it? I could also ask the server to speed it up but again, I like things slow-paced. Thanks! 

We had three people in our party and Dinner rarely took much more than just over an hour... maybe 1.5 hr.  We never sat for even close to 2 hours, You should have plenty of time to eat, relax for a few and get to the show. They also know if you have a show booked, so if you do have a show closer to dinner time, they will rush it along a little for you. 

It has been our experience (recently) that the worst night for MDR is the first night.  For whatever reason, they seem to be the most disorganized and rushed, but slow, on the first night.  So I would be a little cautious about scheduling shows on night #1 but not at all concerned for the rest of the cruise.

27 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It has been our experience (recently) that the worst night for MDR is the first night.  For whatever reason, they seem to be the most disorganized and rushed, but slow, on the first night.  So I would be a little cautious about scheduling shows on night #1 but not at all concerned for the rest of the cruise.

MDR for us was fast, not rushed just prompt.  I felt they were on top of drink orders and food came out hot.  We only did MDR 2 nights.  Too many other options to be there 7 nights in a row.  We were there night 2 and 4.  

I agree with @WAAAYTOOO the first night seems to always be a flustercuck. Evry other night is smooth sailing. It is not always crew either but so many first time cruisers. They spend a lot of time explaining which dining room they should be in: even though it says it on the seapass, there are signs and they often making many announcements. This causes a backup/delay and lots of people either miss the first night shows or arrive later than expected. 

Thankfully, I have no show schedules for the first and last night. I want to take the first night carefully and slowly as well as putting the last night as a way of relaxing and being sad that the cruise is over on my balcony. I’ll be dining in a specialty restaurant on night 1 so hopefully the MDR mess won’t interfere with the specialty restaurants.