Logistics with 2 staterooms

My family of 4 is sailing on an upcoming Oasis cruise. This is the first time I've booked two staterooms as opposed to one. My husband is listed in 1 with one teenager and I'm listed in the other with the 2nd teenager. What different logistics do I need to be thinking about/deal with differently since we have two rooms? I'm thinking of key card/room access, one person being able to check us all in, making sure we are dining together, etc. I want to make sure I'm prepared and not forgetting about anything that might come up that we won't be used to due to multiple rooms being new to us. Thank you!

Are you right next to each other or right across from each other?  I ask because I just recently went on a cruise last June with balcony rooms right next to each other (not connecting), but my minor daughters (17,15) were registered in 1 room and my husband and I the other. You can do that only if the minors are right next to your cabin or right across.  We did not get multiple key cards, but in our case (Oasis) we were able to go back and forth via the balcony.  We had the room steward open the divider and even if the balcony door is "locked" (not the kid safety lock) you could come right on in!

I am the only 1 with the app so I just linked the 2 reservations together in the app and I was able to check all 4 of us on board.  And make show reservations too.  We all ate at the same table.  I told the travel agent to have us at same table for early seating.

We also communicated via texting. We had internet plan, but I think if you all have iphones  ,imessage works without the plan.  I also read if you all have the app you can now text amongst each other, but we have not done that.

Good luck and enjoy the extra space and bathroom!

If you have linked your reservations you can do check in as well as reservations via cruise planner and entertainment for all.

technically speaking if your husband swaps out with the teen in your room, and the cabins are not directly across or next to each other and the teens “do bad things” it could cause you huge trouble because Royal expects the adults to watch over their minors, that’s why rooms booked with just minors must be adjacent or directly across the hall.

I’ve found it easier to just get the extra key and leave it in my cabin for use  the other cabin, or get 2 extras-I carry one and the other is in my cabin for the second person to use when needed. 

everyone will need to carry their original seapass card for debarkation and embarkation as well as for anything requiring a purchase. 

13 hours ago, Adpcruise1 said:

imessage works without the plan

Pretty sure that was just an unintentional glitch awhile back that has since been fixed.

I've also never used the chat feature in the app but people don't seem to like it. Something about not sending you push notifications like regular texting so you have to check for new messages manually. It was also hacked a week or two ago but that was apparently rectified.

Thank you, Patty and Adp! We are looking forward to having more space. 😀  We are directly across the hall from each other, but RCCL has told me they cannot officially book the two minors in the room across the hall since they aren't directly connecting. This is contrary to what it says on their website, but that's a problem to try to deal with a different day. It's good to know we can get an extra key, as that was one of my bigger concerns with the two rooms.