URGENT: Holy Land Odyssey. Need suggestions for tours Santorini and Chania

Jkaczano

We were on Odyssey in September and went to Santorini and Chania.  We have never been to either so decided to do Royal excursions.

Santorini: We did an excursion with Royal "Village of Oia On Your Own".  It was okay.  We were tendered to the port (not the one that has the cable car) and then took the tour bus to Oia where our guide gave highlights and then we had about 90 minutes on our own to explore Oia.  Met up with the group and then took the tour bus to Fira again guide gave highlights of the town gave us our cable car tickets and the tour was over.  We wandered Fira did a little shopping and eating.

Chania:  we did another Royal excursion (last minute choice most were already sold out) to a monastery then went to a small beach town (Rethimno) to wander around.  It was nice.  

We were also on Odyssey, but in May last year, and called at both Santorini and Chania. We did Royal excursions in both ports.

In Santorini, we did Island of Santorini and Village of Oia and in Chania we did Kournas, Monastery and Rethymnon (sounds like it might be the same one @MaryS did).

We enjoyed both. (We did them in Spanish but as far as I know, they're essentially the same as the English ones.)

Details of both on my recap blog here:

I spent some time in Crete last summer and wrote about three excursions I took from Chania in this excursions review! 

We also rented a car every easily in Chania from cretebee.com and they will deliver and drop it off for you wherever you want. We drove from Chania to Elafonissi, the pink sand beach. It was amazing and only took about 1.5 hours. 

I'm probably late with this but last September we did the "Best of Santorini" tour. It was a great experience as part of our excursion was visiting the Akrotiri archeological site and our guide was an actual archeologist who helped work on various aspects of the site. Very informative! Of course we visited the famous part where we took pictures, went to a winery that overlooked the sea with more spectacular views and then went to an authentic Greek restaurant for lunch and some Greek dancing. An excellent excursion overall!

3 hours ago, Mturk said:

I'm probably late with this but last September we did the "Best of Santorini" tour. It was a great experience as part of our excursion was visiting the Akrotiri archeological site and our guide was an actual archeologist who helped work on various aspects of the site. Very informative! Of course we visited the famous part where we took pictures, went to a winery that overlooked the sea with more spectacular views and then went to an authentic Greek restaurant for lunch and some Greek dancing. An excellent excursion overall!

Best of tour was available for $300 per person.  Since there’s 4 of us…

1 hour ago, Jkaczano said:

Best of tour was available for $300 per person.  Since there’s 4 of us…

That's much more than we paid. Just looked over my confirmation email and i paid $524 CDN for my wife and I. If i convert that to USD it would approximate $200 per person so that's a 50% increase!