How is Independence for kids?

Independence has a great Splashaway Bay, so that is a plus. Obviously no Boardwalk/Ultimate Abyss if that was an area they utilized, but the Adventure Ocean experience will remain largely the same. And Ben and Jerry's is perk, too, plus Ice Skating and Laser Tag. Still a good ship for kids!

1 hour ago, Wheeler825 said:

Looking at October on Independence to bahamas with my 6 year old.  How will that be? Only taken the kid on Harmony so far.

The answer to this type of question usually is "it depends on the kid." You know your kid and what he/she spent most of their time doing on Harmony... which may or may not exist on Indy. Not much to add to the solid info above.  We spent 11 nights on Indy not too long ago and even though we have no kids we also felt it had an excellent kids' pool area (perhaps better than some Oasis class ships).

My kids (4 and 7) enjoyed the 7 nights we spent on indy over spring break. They had previously sailed on Oasis and they didn't seem to miss any thing. My 7 year old love the pirate parade they did with adventure ocean on the 4 night cruise, she said that was her favorite part of the whole trip.  Like someone else said, I feel splash away bay is better on Indy than oasis class ships . 

We took our 7 yo son in March on Independence. It was his first cruise and he's had nothing to compare it to, but we could not get him away from Splashaway Bay! They did a GREAT job on that whole area, as echoed by others here. And he actually enjoyed the shows- specifically the juggler and family friendly comedy, he now wants to do magic tricks and tell jokes 24/7 LOL. The highlight was the ability to eat pizza and icecream cones whenever, he was living his best life. We booked Allure in Dec and Wonder next May so I'm sure he will be mind blown as I'm sure my hubby and I will be. We didn't do AO, our kiddo wanted to hang with us (duh, we're cool....and we will soak that up until he decides to think otherwise LOL). Your kiddo will enjoy every moment because you are giving them the best vacay and having them be part of it all. Have fun!!