Credit balance on reservation after final payment made

Just checked my reservation and it is showing a credit balance --I had paid my outstanding balance in full on May 21---  was wondering why i would have a credit?  Could it be because the price of the cruise decreased after I paid the final payment?  Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks!

I have a ZERO Balance, then when I checked the site about a half-hour ago, it also showed a negative balance so I called in to see what's going on ..... They said it was a computer glitch and that the IT department was working on it as we speak.

They ended up sening me a copy of my invoice showing that everything is in order to put my mind at ease ....

41 minutes ago, lisac9 said:

Just checked my reservation and it is showing a credit balance --I had paid my outstanding balance in full on May 21---  was wondering why i would have a credit?  Could it be because the price of the cruise decreased after I paid the final payment?  Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks!

I assume you booked directly with RC and not with a TA?  

If it were me, I'd just call RC and ask. I'm not entirely certain the reasoning.

1 hour ago, coneyraven said:

I have a ZERO Balance, then when I checked the site about a half-hour ago, it also showed a negative balance so I called in to see what's going on ..... They said it was a computer glitch and that the IT department was working on it as we speak.

They ended up sening me a copy of my invoice showing that everything is in order to put my mind at ease ....

9 minutes ago, cookingyo said:

I'm assuming you have something like this?

This trip is fuly paid including airfare, excursions, dining, and drinks.  Everything was booked on this trip through RCCL.com

As long as RCCL isn't asking me for money then I am fine.

neg.jpg

Where are you looking to find this info: I just checked my reservations for next year and don't see anything like this at all. In fact, no status, package totla nor outstanding balance......just the reservation number. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, rjac said:

Where are you looking to find this info: I just checked my reservations for next year and don't see anything like this at all. In fact, no status, package totla nor outstanding balance......just the reservation number. Thanks.

This information was found under countdown to cruise on the Booking Dashboard.

57 minutes ago, cookingyo said:

This information was found under countdown to cruise on the Booking Dashboard.

For whatever reason, I do not have the Booking Dashboard on my countdown to cruise page. Oh well, guess the RCI website doesn't like me:40_rage:, thanks though.

Guest toodle68

I have run into a couple of payment issues recently. One booking will not let me pay anything less than $1,000 even though I booked on board and have previously paid $500 towards the cost.. I had intended to pay $200 a month but it will not let me. RC says it is a website issue and they recorded it as a bug but no idea if or when it will be fixed..

Then I have another booking that I paid down to $ -1,500.. and then the next day I see outstanding was $ -1,286.  No idea how that happened..  I bet they fix the bug that gave me $214 pretty damn quickly..

Yes,  there have been a few issues with the system, this being the latest ....

It just reinforces two things:

1)  Use a Travel Agent so you don't have to deal with these headaches

and/or

2)  If you're booking directly through RCL, don't bother with the web site, just call in for everything....... that's what I do, never is the hold time more than a couple of minutes and they're always very nice & patient.

Mark

I have never paid anything using the RCI website.  I either have my TA make a payment for me or send them a check from my bank's bill pay function.  

Only once can I recall ever having a negative balance prior to cruising.  It seems that they refunded some ports fees or something like that.  I actually did receive a refund on my CC for that one.