Cancel and Rebook on SOLD OUT Excursions...?

Sydnie

Thinking ahead here. Right now we have a bungalow reserved for Labadee and there are only a few left. I know there are only 8 (I believe), so that's not a surprise to me, and I am fully expecting these to sell out long before sailing date. A few questions about how cancel and rebooking works on SOLD OUT excursions (when I already have a reservation).

1. If I notice a price drop and want to cancel and rebook for the lower rate, what happens if this is sold out? If I were to call and have them rebook for the price adjustment, would that be a safer way to not have someone snipe my reservation from under me while doing the cancel and rebook method? 

2. If I cancel and then plan to instantly rebook, will the "inventory" be adjusted accordingly as soon as I cancel? Or does it go into a "holding period" before it's released to be purchased again?

Basically we booked early to guarantee the spots, but the cruise is over a year out and I wanted to watch for future sales. Trying to figure out the plan for adjusting the possible price change without losing the reservation spot. Any tips to help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks bunches

• Sydnie changed the title to Cancel and Rebook on SOLD OUT Excursions...?
1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Calling and having it priced matched is an option. However, it might be better to rebook under another person's name and then cancel as when you cancel it goes right back into inventory. There are a couple of stories of people who cancelled and lost out because another person snatched it up. 

I would be one of those people... 😢

I like the idea of purchasing under another person on your reservation and then cancelling!

19 hours ago, Montemy2419 said:

I have read that the best thing to do is the first booking was made in your name/account is to sign in as another person in your party.  You book it under their name and then sign back in under your name to cancel.

Not sure how you would do this,  I currently have two bookings on a ship, us in a cabin under one booking, Daughter in a separate cabin under another booking but same ship sail date.  the booking are linked.  When I log in as her and go to the excursion, the system show it is already purchased for everyone on both booking so there is no way to purchase it again.

That is just how it show in my cruise planner,  saw the same thing when my wife and I had separate cabins a few months ago.

5 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Not sure how you would do this,  I currently have two bookings on a ship, us in a cabin under one booking, Daughter in a separate cabin under another booking but same ship sail date.  the booking are linked.  When I log in as her and go to the excursion, the system show it is already purchased for everyone on both booking so there is no way to purchase it again.

That is just how it show in my cruise planner,  saw the same thing when my wife and I had separate cabins a few months ago.

Some things like a cabana are only purchased under one guest, so a person could book another in someone else on the same/linked reservation.