Allure of the Seas questions

Hello everyone!  I just have a bunch of questions about my Allure cruise May 2024.

1. Does Allure have the Sea Pass bands yet?

2. I booked a Grand Suite cabin, can I book my shows with the concierge before embarkation day?  If not, where do I go onboard?

3. Is the Key worth purchasing since I booked a suite?  And what restaurants besides Chops is available? 

4. Do you have to purchase a dining plan to eat at the specialty restaurants?

I think that is it for now.  😃

1) I don’t think so, but they are more hassle than worth.

2) Yes. You can also book online 30-45 days prior to sailing. 
3) I don’t think so. All restaurants are available for dinners. The Key Lunch is a Chops menu in the MDR. That’s the only option

4) No, but it’s cheaper that way

1.  Not sure.  OA has them so I would expect AL to have them too…but we haven’t been on AL in many years.

2.  Yes.  The Concierge will book any dining and/or entertainment reservations prior to boarding as well as help you with any changes once you’re onboard, should you need to make any changes.  As an aside, the Diamond Concierge will do the same thing for those who are Diamond or above but you will have to wait until you board for the D Concierge’s help.

3.  No.  The general consensus is that if you are in a Suite, the Key is of little value…especially on an O class ship, where internet is complimentary.

4.  No !  Anyone can book a specialty meal with or without a dining plan.  Just understand that ala carte purchases of specialty dining will be at the onboard rate, which is generally higher than a pre-purchase package rate.   That isn’t 100% true, as sometimes they will offer “specials” once onboard which offer some discounts. This is particularly true for Chefs Table if those seatings aren’t filled.  Recently, specialty dining has been extremely popular and the packages often sell out prior to sailing, so I wouldn’t count on getting onboard discounts, but I COULD happen.

13 hours ago, Shannon Kinninger said:

Hello everyone!  I just have a bunch of questions about my Allure cruise May 2024.

1. Does Allure have the Sea Pass bands yet?

Howdy Shannon! Welcome to the Allure suite life.

They didn't when I was on last year but..that was last year and things change quickly.

2. I booked a Grand Suite cabin, can I book my shows with the concierge before embarkation day?  If not, where do I go onboard?

Yes, I think you can reserve everything accept the comedy shows in the designated comedy lounge.

3. Is the Key worth purchasing since I booked a suite?  And what restaurants besides Chops is available? 

Not even a little bit. The only perk to the Key that I think is nice that a Sky Class Suite won't give you is a place to drop off your carry-on bags. Coastal Kitchen is open for lunch on embarkation day if you want some place quieter and calmer to eat, you get complimentary Voom for one device per person, reserved seating in almost all venues and priority embarkation and debarkation all for being in a Sky class suite.

4. Do you have to purchase a dining plan to eat at the specialty restaurants?

You don't need a dining plan to eat at the specialty restaurants but if you're planning on trying a lot of them, it may be a good cost investment vs paying the cover charges individually.