Photo Package

So, I'm interested in getting a photo package. We'll be on Grandeur and it says that all prints will be 8x10, is that right? I mean, I don't want 100, 8x10 photos lol.

• Photos will be provided in 8x10 print format buy default on following ships: Brilliance, Enchantment, Grandeur, Jewel, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, and Vision of the Seas. If digital format is preferred instead of print, visit Focus Photo Gallery on day 1 of the cruise to submit your request. The following ships do not offer digitals and only offer print packages: Jewel, Radiance, Grandeur and Vision of the Seas.

While I haven't been on Grandeur, the age and size of the ship would lead me to believe this is correct.

For thickness reference, a stack of 100 8x10s is about 3 inches high. (We got all physical on our first Freedom cruise in 2015 - back then the digital option meant getting them burned onto a CD or a flash drive or something and was an additional cost)

1 hour ago, MamaMaggie said:

Thanks Ladies, I think I'm going to just do a 20 pic. I just don't need 100 8x10's. I'd have to buy the old fashioned photo albumn that have sticky pages. 😂

Playing a bit of Devil's advocate but is it really worth it to pay about $30 less for 80 less photos?  I do agree the physical ones are a bit of a pain (I think all of ours are the dreaded photo box and we only scanned in ones we wanted to post on social media) but you can always make them digital with a traditional scanner or even a smartphone scan app.

Obviously, I support you doing what is best for you (and on a smaller ship there may be less opportunities for photos outside of the dinner time booths, but just wanted to stir the pot a little.

Not a ton of photo opportunities on Grandeur. My wife and bought the small package so we could have family pictures of formal night.  We bought the package onboard day 1 as they were running a special that was actually cheaper than what I saw in the cruise planner. They don’t have digital capabilities and only give you hard copies of 8x10s. 

On 3/10/2023 at 4:12 PM, DoomSlayer said:

Not a ton of photo opportunities on Grandeur. My wife and bought the small package so we could have family pictures of formal night.  We bought the package onboard day 1 as they were running a special that was actually cheaper than what I saw in the cruise planner. They don’t have digital capabilities and only give you hard copies of 8x10s. 

So do they only take pics on board? What about shore excursions?

1 hour ago, MamaMaggie said:

They don't send the Royal Caribbean photographers on the shore excursions. The excursion vendors may take pictures and offer them for sale. The dolphin swims for example. The photo package at Chankanaab in Cozumel was $250 for our group of 4 and we got a ton of digital pictures (100 I think). Salsa making and salsa dance class at Costa Maya took a photo of our group and put it in a paper frame with the recipes for $10 or $15. 

The Royal Caribbean photographers will be set up on the piers to take your photo with the ship in the background though.

2 hours ago, MamaMaggie said:

The closest I’ve experienced is a photographer just off the boat at ports of call, but not excursions themselves.  Excursions are usually run by third parties and May have a separate photo package that you pay for. We did the dolphins in costa maya once and bought pictures from them separately from the ones we bought in Royal’s package.