Mystery Dinner Theatre?

FManke

55 minutes ago, FManke said:

Mystery Dinner Theatre just added to our Oct cruise. Anybody ever done this? Comments?

We did the Mystery Dinner Theater years ago. It was done in Giovanni's and dinner was served during the murder mystery. Very well timed with questions and answers during dessert. It was fun trying to figure who the murderer was and no.....mystery meat was not the main course. Have fun and go hungry! 

We have done this twice on different ships.It was a good laugh and the first time we did it we actually one the prize pack for correctly guessing the murderer. When we did this on Voyager it was at Chops and the second time on Radiance it was at Giovanni's.

It is a set menu at the restaurant so bear that in mind. The last time we went the older couple next to us thought they were booking Giovanni's and didn't realise they had booked the Mystery Theatre. They were disappointed because the lady couldn't eat some of the set menu and RCI couldn't/wouldn't offer an alternative.

The second time we saw the show on Radiance was about 14 months after the first on Explorer but the show was identical (including the murderer) so that is something to consider if you have already seen it once.

I am sure you will have a great time.

I have absolutely never heard of this ..... Tyna and I love dinner theaters in general, plus a local scenic railroad does murder mystery trains periodically which are also a lot of fun....

Do these occur on all ships/sailings?  Or are they only on sailings of 7+ nights?  Just trying to get a feel for them so I don't inadvertently miss them.

Thanks,

Mark

11 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

I have absolutely never heard of this ..... Tyna and I love dinner theaters in general, plus a local scenic railroad does murder mystery trains periodically which are also a lot of fun....

Do these occur on all ships/sailings?  Or are they only on sailings of 7+ nights?  Just trying to get a feel for them so I don't inadvertently miss them.

Thanks,

Mark

From what I remember its not really a dinner theater.  The would put on a show in someplace (usually a bar or the Viking Crown Lounge) then you go to Giovanni's for dinner and the actors come to each table and you get to ask them questions while you eat.

The only ship I've seen it on was the Freedom but that doesn't mean others don't do it.

11 hours ago, arebee said:

From what I remember its not really a dinner theater.  The would put on a show in someplace (usually a bar or the Viking Crown Lounge) then you go to Giovanni's for dinner and the actors come to each table and you get to ask them questions while you eat.

The only ship I've seen it on was the Freedom but that doesn't mean others don't do it.

It's being offered this Oct on Serenade.

It is available on the following ships:

Adventure, Brilliance, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Liberty, Mariner, Navigator, Radiance, Serenade and Voyager.

We did it on one 7 night cruise and one 14 night cruise. On the 14 night cruise the show was on twice but I can't remember how many times on the 7 nighter.

You need to reserve it through the cruise planner to ensure you get place. I think it is pretty popular.

• 1 year later...

On 5/17/2017 at 10:40 PM, F1guynz said:

It is available on the following ships:

Adventure, Brilliance, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Liberty, Mariner, Navigator, Radiance, Serenade and Voyager.

We did it on one 7 night cruise and one 14 night cruise. On the 14 night cruise the show was on twice but I can't remember how many times on the 7 nighter.

You need to reserve it through the cruise planner to ensure you get place. I think it is pretty popular.

Where on the cruise planner can this be found? Dining?

LOVED the Mystery Theater dinner on Adventure of the Seas, sadly it was 2016 and its been through a dry dock since then so it could be very different now. It was in Giovanni's table and the show took place around us while we ate. Very enjoyable would do it again seem it has been so long now that even if it was the same show we certainly wouldn't remember it. The food was very good too!