MDR new menu schedule?

brgreens

We're on Anthem for a 7-night Noway cruise on May 14, and looking to book some dining ahead of time. We would like to figure out what the MDR themes are for each night, so we can book opposite something maybe less desirable.

I tried to look through the Cruise Compass library, but have not seen that kind of information. Does anyone know if it's possible to figure out what the 7-night rotation is, and would it be the same for all ships? Or at least all in the Quantum class?

You might want to also look at Dining topic and see what other people have said. I know the 2ne night or the Formal night is French night. The next to the last night is called Royal night, (also the 2nd formal or dress to impress), which is when the lobster tail is usually served. The last night is called Bon Voyage. The 1st night is called Welcome Aboard. offers a prime rib, but some are good some are not (can be a bit grisly). You also should be able to look on the App.

2 hours ago, brgreens said:

We're on Anthem for a 7-night Noway cruise on May 14, and looking to book some dining ahead of time. We would like to figure out what the MDR themes are for each night, so we can book opposite something maybe less desirable.

I tried to look through the Cruise Compass library, but have not seen that kind of information. Does anyone know if it's possible to figure out what the 7-night rotation is, and would it be the same for all ships? Or at least all in the Quantum class?

The first night should be "Welcome Aboard", second night should be "French Night" (1st formal), while the next-to-last should be "Royal Night" (2nd formal, aka "lobster night" but not sure if they'll have lobster on a European sailing) and the last should be "Bon Voyage" (which I personally think would have been better named as "Farewell" but that's entirely irrelevant, just wanted to get it out there 😂).

The remaining three are a toss-up out of the four possible options - Italian, Mexican, British and Caribbean. Could be any of the three and in any order. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that on a European cruise they'd likely keep the Italian and British themes and ditch one of other two, but who knows?

As others suggested, looking at the current Anthem cruise in the app may be a useful pointer but I would be wary of taking it as gospel because the current sailings go to the Bahamas as opposed to the Fjords and itinerary may influence the menus to some extent. The four I mentioned are largely set in stone (to the extent that anything can be with Royal; remember RCI stands for Really Consistently Inconsistent) so if any of those are ones you'd rather skip you're probably fairly safe in doing so.

5 hours ago, brgreens said:

I sometimes miss important word. Missed Norway.  They might not have the lobster as its not a big item for Europeans. (since early in the European sailing season they might offer some if any are left.)