Stateroom Attendant New Policy - Independence

59 minutes ago, Montemy2419 said:

Good luck in getting a Cruise Compass.  We just cruised on Oasis and Wonder and they are "going green".  It's on the app but what we found was the app responded differently if you got the free texting version from RC or paid for the Voom internet.

Our room attendant left a Cruise Compass every night once we asked him.  We talked to many first time cruisers on both ships and they were lost on where to go and what was going on.  We found one example where the Love & Marriage game show was listed on the paper Cruise Compass but was not listed for the entire evening on the app.  I love having the paper version as I write notes including names of crew members so I can include it in the survey.

I'm hoping we get lucky and still get them - our past two cruises where we weren't supposed to get them without asking they were in the room every night. I find I like the paper version for to look through in the evenings or morning with breakfast and the app version for while we're out and about on the ship looking for something to do between other things to do lol.

Never tried the PDF version as i feel like it would be hard to read on my phone screen but I could be wrong....and if that's what we're moving to then *shrug*.

I don't mind the one a day room "service". I would actually prefer it and would want morning service, if possible to choose. Make up the bed (nicer than I do after I get up), clean towels, wipe down surfaces, garbage and all their clean "magic". I don't need the turn-down service at night. I do agree with those who have the additional guests using the sofas or pullman beds. I think that would be tricky. I cruised on another cruise line recently and my sister in law slept on the sofa bed. However, they never put it back as a sofa during the day and it was weird to sit on her "bed" when in the room. Our attendant got sick so other attendants covered her rooms but they were never the same person so it made it difficult to request the bed be put back to the sofa during the day for us to easily get around the cabin. So I get where families with more than 2 people can have concerns with this change.

On 2/28/2023 at 7:25 PM, Scarlett625 said:

I don't mind the one a day room "service". I would actually prefer it and would want morning service, if possible to choose. Make up the bed (nicer than I do after I get up), clean towels, wipe down surfaces, garbage and all their clean "magic". I don't need the turn-down service at night. I do agree with those who have the additional guests using the sofas or pullman beds. I think that would be tricky. I cruised on another cruise line recently and my sister in law slept on the sofa bed. However, they never put it back as a sofa during the day and it was weird to sit on her "bed" when in the room. Our attendant got sick so other attendants covered her rooms but they were never the same person so it made it difficult to request the bed be put back to the sofa during the day for us to easily get around the cabin. So I get where families with more than 2 people can have concerns with this change.

We are a family of 5 so that aspect is definitely a concern for us - well, maybe not concern, but I guess the aspect we would miss the most from no longer having service twice a day .... Just nice to have the room put together/ away for day time and then re-set up for sleeping in the evening. 

We would definitely be fine with just 1 "full" cleaning a day but would miss that aspect 

The article on the Homepage today does address pull outs.  The intention appears to be to put it back and pull it out for those cabins so that seems to have been something they considered.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/03/02/royal-caribbean-updates-cabin-housekeeping-cococay-adult-beach-wowbands-more

"...Guests such as yourself staying in a stateroom with 3 or more beds, will have them made up in the evening and stored away during the daily cleaning."

34 minutes ago, Xaa said:

The article on the Homepage today does address pull outs.  The intention appears to be to put it back and pull it out for those cabins so that seems to have been something they considered.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/03/02/royal-caribbean-updates-cabin-housekeeping-cococay-adult-beach-wowbands-more

"...Guests such as yourself staying in a stateroom with 3 or more beds, will have them made up in the evening and stored away during the daily cleaning."

Thanks! And I see later in the article it discusses it further and seems like it would be 1 full service and then a second time for either setting up the bed or putting it away - guests won't be expected to do that themselves - so that is more than sufficient I thinking.

Thanks!