Icon ? Any idea? It's Kind of weird.

NoobCruise

I think I am about to pull the trigger on an Icon cruise next February (24th). The midship traditional ocean balcony rooms are almost sold out. Floor 7 is the only floor available and all the rooms available (about 6 or 10) are clustered near each other on the starboard side. Is there known reason that I am missing why these are the only rooms left? I feel like I am about to book a spot at a campsite and these spots are next to the highway or sewage pump and that is why these are the last rooms to be booked.  Any idea why these are the last to go?

33 minutes ago, NoobCruise said:

I think I am about to pull the trigger on an Icon cruise next February (24th). The midship traditional ocean balcony rooms are almost sold out. Floor 7 is the only floor available and all the rooms available (about 6 or 10) are clustered near each other on the starboard side. Is there known reason that I am missing why these are the only rooms left? I feel like I am about to book a spot at a campsite and these spots are next to the highway or sewage pump and that is why these are the last rooms to be booked.  Any idea why these are the last to go?

Without knowing their exact location, could it be because they're above Playmakers or the Schooner Bar? There's also a live entertainment venue and the fitness center over there too.

1 hour ago, Rackham said:

Without knowing their exact location, could it be because they're above Playmakers or the Schooner Bar? There's also a live entertainment venue and the fitness center over there too.

Good point. While it is not the oasis, the promanade was the 5th floor and the scooner was the 6th so that makes sense.

Edited by NoobCruise
confused boardwalk with promanade

10 hours ago, NoobCruise said:

You may have already checked these deck plans out... but just in case here's the link and a PDF version...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/icon-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2250/02

Icon_Deck Plans.pdf

2 hours ago, NoobCruise said:

Has anyone every experianced any royal promanade (deck 5 and 6 ) noise bleed into their ocean balcony room on the 7th floor on an oasis class ship?

Deck 6 is a second favorite to deck 8.  When neither are available I'll take deck 7 forward, but not deck 7 aft due to the split elevator lobby on deck 7 aft.  

None of these decks can hear the promenade on Oasis class.  

15 minutes ago, NoobCruise said:

wow. I never would have guessed anyones favorite deck is 6 and 8 in a million years. learn something new everyday.

It's very convenient.  Easy to pop out to Boardwalk.  Down a set of stairs into the Promenade.  Up two flights to Central Park.  Forward to the gym.

On Oasis class somewhere is a long walk.  There is no cabin close to everything.  Deck 6 is an elevator ride to the pool deck, solarium, the windjammer and sports deck.  Everything is relatively close.  

50 minutes ago, NoobCruise said:

That leads me to my next question. Like airlines that play tricks with their available seats all the time, does Royal Caribbean hold back rooms to create scarcity and then release more rooms? 

I don't believe so.

What can happen, however, is a travel agency holds a bunch of rooms for a block and then releases them when they don't sell them all. That can appear to have a similar effect as your example. The difference is this is a third party doing it, not the operator.