Tampa hotels near cruise port?

Maggie M

Here is why I regard Tampa as a Gold Star port:

I sailed out of there last month and stayed at the Hampton Inn Downtown Tampa Channelside.

My walking time (with luggage) to the port for embarkation……8 minutes.

Full service Starbucks in the same building.

A CVS across the street.

Lots of good restaurants within walking distance. 

Clean, safe upscale neighborhood and the friendliest staff of any cruise terminal.

I know you would like a pool. However when I was looking for our upcoming cruise, I was comparing the Prices VS hotel rating in Tampa and the ratings were pretty low on a lot of the hotels and the price was high on even a motel 6.  I ended up going on Air BNB and found a very reasonable one not far from the port. I actually saw several options. I am sure our situation is much different then yours. We are actually driving to Tampa and we are only staying one night before we get on the ship. It is also only me and my husband. I just thought I would share. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Maggie M said:

Has anyone stayed here? Hampton Inn & Suites Ybor city downtown - they have a free shuttle to the port and hot breakfast and a pool…it’s too far out to get an accurate price but I’m hoping it’s under $300 for the one night we’ll be staying there…

I've been investigating hotels also as we are sailing on EOTS out of Tampa in August, 2023.  So far the aforementioned Hampton and the Holiday Inn Express are the two top of my list.  Uber from HIE is 15-20 dollars.

Bill