New Baby - Future Booking Help

Sam D

We are looking to book icon of the seas next year, however by that point we could have a newborn with us. I worry about waiting until nearer to the time as most sailings will be fully booked & prices higher. If we book now and suddenly need to add a newborn, is this possible?

Thanks in advance 🙂

17 minutes ago, Sam D said:

We are looking to book icon of the seas next year, however by that point we could have a newborn with us. I worry about waiting until nearer to the time as most sailings will be fully booked & prices higher. If we book now and suddenly need to add a newborn, is this possible?

Thanks in advance 🙂

I say to add as soon as you know you need to.  You can add a person, but you will have to be in a cabin for three rather than two, which is a different category and will most likely be more expensive.  Although I'm assuming you are not booking a family suite or something.  I'm sorry if my assumption was presumptuous.

We recently booked a cruise for 2024 that includes one of our sons, his wife, their daughter, and their unborn baby. 

Our travel agent recommended we book their balcony cabin now because four person cabins are not as common, and the price could be much higher down the road (or the category sold out).  She booked the cabin with their three names and "TBA" for the unborn baby.

28 minutes ago, Sam D said:

Thanks in advance 🙂

Just check to see what the minimum age is - never travelled with a young child, but it might be 6 months old

Exactly as @teddy says, you need to lock in the price on a 3 person room as early as you can to get the savings. If you only book for 2 now and end up adding the 3rd later, you will have to reprice at the prevailing rates when you add the 3rd. If you don't end up with a 3rd prior to final payment you can reprice then and see if it's cheaper to go down to 2, but you will be limited to what's available at that time and it will be at the current prices.

Remember the infant has to be at least 6 months old to sail and you have to be less than 24 weeks pregnant to sail.

15 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

Just check to see what the minimum age is - never travelled with a young child, but it might be 6 months old

Very good point.

Here's a copy and paste from Royal's website:

INFANT POLICY

Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least 6 months old as of the first day of the cruise and/or CruiseTour. HOWEVER: For transatlantic, transpacific, Hawaii, select South American and other selected cruises and/or CruiseTours, the infant must be at least 12 months old as of the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour. For the purposes of this policy, any cruise that has 3 or more days consecutive at sea will require infants to be 12 months old on the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour.

Please be aware that guests travelling with a young infant that does not meet the infant policy will be denied boarding. No refunds or other compensation shall be due from the cruise line to anyone as a result of the denial of boarding to an underage infant or other accompanying guests.

20 minutes ago, Weezie57 said:

How long do you have to pay for a cruise, let’s say a year from now?

When is the final payment for my cruise vacation due?

Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 75 days prior to the sailing date for 1 - 4 night cruise vacations and 90 days prior to the sailing date for 5-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. You will usually have access to your cruise documents 30 days prior to your sailing as long as your reservation is finalized. 

The above information also applies to all holiday sailings, defined as sailings that occur on or between Christmas and/or New Year's day.

(I was lazy, so another copy/paste)

18 minutes ago, Weezie57 said:

How long do you have to pay for a cruise, let’s say a year from now?

from the website - Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 75 days prior to the sailing date for 1 - 4 night cruise vacations and 90 days prior to the sailing date for 5-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. You will usually have access to your cruise documents 30 days prior to your sailing as long as your reservation is finalized.