Suggestions appreciated for best all-inclusive beach shore excursion (Roatan, Cozumel, Costa Maya) with 3 kids ages <1, 4 & 5

JimnKathy

These are my recommendations

Mr. sanchos in Cozumel 

Jamies Blue Reef in Costa Maya

Sol y Mar in Roatan

All of these are accessed by land which is easier with young children and often include multiple times to return to ship. There are some others I enjoy more that are by boat. 

I have done many others but not all.

Expect to pay about $50-$65 per adult. Kids prices much less or no charge. 

Agree with Mr. Sanchos on Cozumel. We used take our kids there when traveling with them due to in water play features, the pool, and the interaction with animals and the staff. 
While not an “all inclusive” a favorite stop on Roatan with kids or even alone is Mayan Eden. They have a wide variety of native animals that you can interact with and take pictures. 

Often overlooked, but absolutely amazing is Almaplena resort (Costa Maya).  We've been to both Maya Chan and Almaplena, and Almaplena wins for us hands down. It depends though ... do your young kids need to be entertained? Maya Chan will have more activities. If you want a more beautiful section of beach, better drinks, and absolutely gourmet food that will be served to you at a table instead of buffet, better bathrooms/showers... i can't even tell you.... Almaplena it is for us. 

Both will include your transposition to and from the port.  Almaplena will be more personalized with better service. 

Almaplena Resort. Boutique Hotel in Mahahual

https://almaplenabeachresort.com/

Look for their beach break for cruise ship passengers only. 

ETA: with Almaplena you go at your leisure in your own taxi (just show your reservation to the taxi driver and the resort pays your taxi on arrival).  At Maya Chan, you're waiting for a van to fill on their schedule.  Note: we did both immediately pre-pandemic so double check. 

On 1/29/2023 at 10:02 PM, SweetPea said:

Often overlooked, but absolutely amazing is Almaplena resort (Costa Maya).  We've been to both Maya Chan and Almaplena, and Almaplena wins for us hands down. It depends though ... do your young kids need to be entertained? Maya Chan will have more activities. If you want a more beautiful section of beach, better drinks, and absolutely gourmet food that will be served to you at a table instead of buffet, better bathrooms/showers... i can't even tell you.... Almaplena it is for us. 

Both will include your transposition to and from the port.  Almaplena will be more personalized with better service. 

Almaplena Resort. Boutique Hotel in Mahahual

https://almaplenabeachresort.com/

Look for their beach break for cruise ship passengers only. 

ETA: with Almaplena you go at your leisure in your own taxi (just show your reservation to the taxi driver and the resort pays your taxi on arrival).  At Maya Chan, you're waiting for a van to fill on their schedule.  Note: we did both immediately pre-pandemic so double check. 

I went to the website and it looks like a really great option.  Only 1 problem.  It appears that they only accept payment through PayPal.  We don't use PayPal.  Do you know if they will accept any other form of payment ?

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I went to the website and it looks like a really great option.  Only 1 problem.  It appears that they only accept payment through PayPal.  We don't use PayPal.  Do you know if they will accept any other form of payment ?

Oh gosh! I don't remember how we paid because i did have PayPal a few years ago but canceled that account.  I did send them an email though, asking if they accept alternative payment methods.  I'll let you know when i hear back. 😀

@WAAAYTOOO... they wrote back asking for a date of arrival without further info, so it sounds like they do (i can't imagine they wouldn't). I'm happy to respond and provide your date to get further details (i did say i was asking for a friend 😁), or they can be reached at 

[email protected]

Something probably got lost in translation, so I'm sorry i couldn't get your answer outright!

44 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

@WAAAYTOOO... they wrote back asking for a date of arrival without further info, so it sounds like they do (i can't imagine they wouldn't). I'm happy to respond and provide your date to get further details (i did say i was asking for a friend 😁), or they can be reached at 

[email protected]

Something probably got lost in translation, so I'm sorry i couldn't get your answer outright!

Thank you SOOO much.  I will contact them directly.