Dining room survey

KcSooner

My family goes in Royal Caribbean several times a year. I’ve seen the new menus online and really don’t like them. We take grandchildren and they will not eat in main dining on several of these nights. It’s nice with the classics to know  you can try new things but always find something on the classics menu. I’d suggest just reduce the number of both classics and theme dinners but leave a few classics each night. Food is such an important part of cruising. I’ll look at other cruise lines if this is too restrictive. 

3 hours ago, KcSooner said:

My family goes in Royal Caribbean several times a year. I’ve seen the new menus online and really don’t like them. We take grandchildren and they will not eat in main dining on several of these nights. It’s nice with the classics to know  you can try new things but always find something on the classics menu. I’d suggest just reduce the number of both classics and theme dinners but leave a few classics each night. Food is such an important part of cruising. I’ll look at other cruise lines if this is too restrictive. 

Welcome to the blog, which is a fan site.  I think many members would agree with your suggestion.   I imagine it will take some time for customer feedback on post-cruise surveys to reach RCL managers for possible adjustments.

The Windjammer has a broad menu that may appeal to your grandchildren.  Whatever you choose, have a great cruise.

I frankly think Royal knew this when they decided to make the change.  Cloaked in garbage about reducing the length of time, they steamed ahead.  I don't think it will be bad for us.  I know some picky eaters who might have difficulty.  I think your move @KcSooneris to head to dinner and still try some new things and if you don't like them, you'll have to head to WJ for something.

I don't love the change on its face, I certainly don't like the way they wrapped it up in happy, but it is likely to have 0.0% impact on our cruising.  We like MDR and having the same staff etc.  Looking over the new menus, for us, it's difficult to slot in our 3 night dining package because the only slam dunk cut for us is British Night.