Allure cabin location question

Sunny_D

So excited that our cruise we booked in August is almost here! This will be our first cruise on an Oasis class ship (Allure).

We purchased a cabin for my BIL and SIL as well. They have even less cruising experience than we do (SIL has never been on a cruise). We got them the “balcony guarantee” category, and they’ve recently been assigned #10251. Anyone been in this general area and have any info to share? Looking at deck plans it appears it may be above Central Park, but it’s hard to tell for sure. My BIL can be sensitive to noise, so I guess that’s my biggest concern if this is a noisy area. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

@Sunny_D what a great location!!

central park is typically much quieter than the boardwalk location, with some soothing music played at night and people meandering along the path. deck 10 is also a nice mid-deck location -- the higher you are, you may hear pool deck spillover noise -- and near the elevator means you'll be in your cabin before the wanderers chatter loudly at night. 😂  we were close to the elevator on our last couple sailings and i was surprised at how much quieter it was.

also deck 10 is strictly cabins -- no specialty restaurants (wonderland) or nightclub (dazzles) to worry about late night attractions.

central park itself is located on deck 8, so while deck 9 may be a little close for comfort with your fellow passengers strolling along, they'll be up enough that it shouldn't pose too much of a problem.

allure is a beautiful ship and you are all going to have a wonderful time!

Only responding since it was mentioned that the BIL is sensitive to noise.  We cruised with some friends that tried a Central Park balcony and they felt it was a little noisy and shared that they probably wouldn't choose that again unless it was just too good of a deal.  They didn't say "never again" but they said they would pick someplace else, and even inside cabins are fine for them.   

A few things to take into consideration about the rooms.  They had a room on deck 9 and it was more central, above the Park Café.  That means there is a little more traffic and action in that area compared to 10251 which is more towards the end and over Chops.  Also being on deck 10, as opposed to 9, might help a little to decrease some of the noise impact.

Good luck planning and have a good cruise.

If your BIL is sensitive to noise, he should try sleeping with ear plugs.  I would start wearing them at least 2 weeks before the cruise to get use to something in your ears.  I did this when I was cruising with my brother, who snores.  Your BIL could also try sleeping with a sound machine.  Again, it will take a few nights to get used to the noise from the noise machine but it is a consistent noise that you can get use to.  Enjoy your cruise. 

We boarded SY today and are staying in a Central Park balcony.  I absolutely love it (so far, anyway).  Yes, we can hear the band on the pool deck but only when we’re out on the balcony.  When we come in and close the door you can barely hear anything.  I suspect that once the sail away party is over, things will quiet down considerably.

Insider tip:  The Central Park balcony rooms that end in “29” have double-sized balconies.  Rooms ending in “629” (starboard side) have the bed next to the bathroom.  The rooms ending in “229” (port side) have the bed closest to the balcony.  We are on the starboard side so we have the (less desirable, IMO) bed by the bathroom but the double balcony is really nice.  I am really enjoying this room !