Transportation between FLL and MIA

ScottD

Due to Frontier moving our flight THREE times in the past month, with the last change flying us in at almost 12 hours later than originally planned (getting us there at like 10 pm the night before the cruise), we canceled and rebooked with another airline- but now instead of flying into Miami, we fly into FLL. Our hotel is literally at the Miami airport, so now we need to get from FLL to MIA the day before our cruise. What methods have you all used? I've mock booked Lyft and it comes out to about 65 bucks or so, but that can obviously fluctuate way up or down depending on time\day\demand.  I've seen someone mention a shuttle service, other people have mentioned a light rail that goes to MIA (I guess we'd need a short cab ride to the hotel from there, too). I've also looked into renting a car, but don't feel like having to return it then getting to port since our hotel will shuttle us in the morning.  Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Really don't want to go over like 80 bucks (the rental cars come out to right around that) 

We used Uber back in June for a weekend cruise. I think it was about $80 at the time. Another thing you may want to consider, depending if it's low season or not, is to rent a car from FLL and drop-off in MIA. Price may work out to about the same as Uber and give you some flexibility in getting around as you see fit.

12 minutes ago, Mturk said:

We used Uber back in June for a weekend cruise. I think it was about $80 at the time. Another thing you may want to consider, depending if it's low season or not, is to rent a car from FLL and drop-off in MIA. Price may work out to about the same as Uber and give you some flexibility in getting around as you see fit.

This was the other option...just not sure I feel like dealing with picking up and dropping off the car  then getting to the port afterward... I think we will stick with the Lyft or Uber and let them drop us off at the hotel then shuttle to the port the next day

1 hour ago, StayFrosty said:

There is a complimentary shuttle from FLL to the FLL Tri-Rail station.  This takes you right to the Miami Airport.  Not sure what hotel you are at but maybe they have a shuttle from the airport, or a quick Uber.

I just looked at this - we might try this for our overnight in Miami when flying in to FLL. If we catch a taxi or Uber from MIA if we take the train from FLL that's appealing to help cut down on the Uber cost.

3 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

There is a complimentary shuttle from FLL to the FLL Tri-Rail station.  This takes you right to the Miami Airport.  Not sure what hotel you are at but maybe they have a shuttle from the airport, or a quick Uber.

Looking at this now...they actually have a voucher for a free uber ride within a certain area near the airport..which covers the hotel,  so this might definitely be the way to go.