Wonder dinning beware

NotPayinExtra

Just watched a YouTube video channel called "Consecutive Cruisers". They were filming a meal in playmakers on Wonder when one of the family ate some celery with parasites on it. It was disgusting. They even have a follow-up video after being taken to medical. All about the meds they have to take cause each parasite can multiple in the body by twenty thousand. Horrible to watch. All because food was unwashed. Felt so bad for women in video. And before you say it could happen anywhere, that's still no excuse. Anyone who has ever worked in a kitchen will tell you safety first.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Acq6DJ5UN3U

It all starts at 17:36 into video. Poor woman.

I hate that it happened to her.  It was clearly impactful to her.

We of course eat a lot of bugs all the time but we are generally unaware of that so the emotional trauma doesn't take hold.  I stepped out of my car just yesterday and breathed in to cough and clear my throat and sucked in what I believe to be a spider.  Happens more than we know, and that's the point, the knowing.  That's what caused the biggest distress.

On the celery, you could see them on the one stalk, I didn't see it on any others they showed.

Not a huge deal for me, but people feel how they feel about it and I certainly respect that.  The celery should be free of bugs.  That's a minimal expectation.

Personally I'm dismissing that. That could be anything. If you look closely at a lot of your food you will find all sorts of things. How many hairs have you eaten and not known it? It's amusing to me that people make a big deal when they see a hair in their food. If they cut up the celery and put it in soup you would never have known. Not to mention what happens when you eat at a port. That "authentic" food is much more sketchy. I've seen episodes of Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares but it's never made me not eat out.

Of course, you should always look at, smell and taste the food you eat and act accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever it was, I feel bad for her for experiencing that during vacation. It will leave a mark on her, I bet, for quite some time. Whether bugs or dirt or scarring, Royal should have done better on cleaning and grading their food. It seems like they were able to enjoy the rest of the cruise okay, so I hope it ended with positive memories.