Beverage package price changes

Sunny_D

We are planning to get the deluxe beverage package on our Allure sailing in Feb. When I first booked the trip (late August), I noticed the DBP was $67 per day. I was preoccupied with figuring out dining reservations and other issues and didn’t book it right away. I noticed about three weeks ago it jumped up to $73 per day. Is this likely as good as it gets? I know people have said the price fluctuates, but does it generally just go up over time, or does it ever go down? Thanks!

Book at a price you're comfortable with. It may never go back down but continue to increase. Or you might luck up and get a lower price for about an hour one day. 

Just recently I got the Sip and Paint excursion for Labadee at $41 when only 3 people wanted it. Not even an hour later 2 more people wanted it and it was $45. Just for giggles I went back, and it was now $47/49 depending on reservations. I know to book as soon as it is a price I am willing to pay. 

2 hours ago, Sunny_D said:

We are planning to get the deluxe beverage package on our Allure sailing in Feb. When I first booked the trip (late August), I noticed the DBP was $67 per day. I was preoccupied with figuring out dining reservations and other issues and didn’t book it right away. I noticed about three weeks ago it jumped up to $73 per day. Is this likely as good as it gets? I know people have said the price fluctuates, but does it generally just go up over time, or does it ever go down? Thanks!

Check $$ today.  There is a new Halloween sale going on!

When I booked my cruise, I was checking out the prices almost daily (yes, I was obsess with getting on that ship).  I did learn one thing from the experience - IGNORE THE ##%  DISCOUNT.  I found out that sometimes they will raise the price and then give you a 40% discount . Unfortunately, even with that discount, the new price is higher than my original price.  Here are my recommendations:

1) Book early as possible.

2) Watch the prices and the discount. 

3) Do the math. 

4) Cancel and rebook if you can get a better price. 

Also, check out the beverage package/VOOM discount. I was able to find a better price going that route.  I can't tell you how many times I was booking/canceling/rebooking the different packages.  

On 10/27/2022 at 4:49 PM, D Alt said:

I'm seeing 62.99 today.  

I'm still not seeing the DBP and Voom combo though.  twitter customer service told me to call them up to see what is happening with my planner, because none of my future 6 cruises have that option anymore. 

On our 3 upcoming cruises (Harmony, Liberty, and Oasis) the drink/voom combo does not show up on the cruise planner.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Martin Tremblay said:

When you buy a drink package is it charged right away on your credit card? So if you find a better price down the road, cancel and rebuy they will refund the credit card and recharge new package?

Yes to all.

Only caveat of while they charge right away it could take 10 days for the refund to appear.