What about baby food?

Nye

30 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I have never seen baby food on a ship, I would expect if your child needs it, you will have to bring it yourself.

12 minutes ago, Ryan79 said:

RC does not provide baby food. That’s 100% your job to pack it

After doing a little digging I actually saw that the staff can purée fresh veggies and fruits for your little one. Probably more convenient to bring it but still good to know that’s an option! 

On 10/14/2022 at 9:47 AM, Nye said:

After doing a little digging I actually saw that the staff can purée fresh veggies and fruits for your little one. Probably more convenient to bring it but still good to know that’s an option! 

Yes - we cruised in 2019 and the staff in the MDR made us fresh pureed food each night. I'd still bring along some of your own baby food too, but we were always able to find something mushy enough to mash up ourselves at the windjammer as well for all the other meals. Our daughter was about 9 months old at the time.

Grandma here - my kids have all used the 'Baby-led weaning' method.  This means no baby food or spoon-fed feeding.  It starts when the baby is about 6 months old and can pick up food and put it into their mouths.  Foods like spears of soft fruits, strips of cooked vegetables, and ground meat or very thin strips. I think if you have time, you can start your child on baby-led weaning and have her learn how to eat real food.  Just be careful not to give her anything that she could choke on.

See https://health.clevelandclinic.org/baby-led-weaning/ for more information.  

Have fun cruising with your daughter.