Electrical needs

When going on a cruise we are not allowed to bring a power strip (understand the reasoning) but my wife and I both use CPAP machines at night while sleeping.   Both require electricity as does the USB charger for our phones.   We went on Adventure of the Seas recently and our stateroom only had 2 power outlets (none close to the bed) so we had no option to power our CPAP machines.   The cruise line will provide an extension cord but with 2 CPAP machines and charging multiple phones we have not found a solution.    Does anyone have any ideas to help with h to his problem?

The newer ships tend to have a hidden outlet under the bed, so keep that in mind if you book a new ship.

Invest in some European converters that will turn the European plugs into an extra American outlet.

Sometimes the room phones have USB ports on them for charging, so I'll usually put my phone on that overnight.  I also bring a portable USB charger pack.  Charge that in the room on an outlet during the day when I'm not in the room and I'd have it at night to charge up my device or phone again.

I don't think there's any cabin on any ship that only has 2 total outlets.  Don't forget the European style outlets and outlets in the bathroom.  Outlet converters should be standard travel gear.  You can charge your phone with the outlets in the bathroom.  Those outlets aren't good for high power things like hair dryers but they'll work for a phone charger.  Worst case, unplug the CPAP when you wake up and charge your phone while you get ready.

Thank you everyone for your input.   Our room on Adventure of the Seas only had two American outlets and there was an European outlet in the bathroom I think (there were no American outlets in there) so I will buy a converter so we can use that on future cruises.  I will also look closer at the room phone for a cell phone connection.    Thanks again.

Hi, we are just off Ovation and ran into the same situation. We had two CPAP with only one outlet nearby. Our stateroom attendant figured it out. They used two euro outlet converters but they did say they have approved power-strips onboard and would use if necessary. I wouldn’t have thought they have them but they do. Also, dont forget to fill out a special needs request so they can be sure to get you a gallon of distilled water for your tank. 

10 hours ago, Sea Squirrel said:

Hi, we are just off Ovation 

They used two euro outlet converters but they did say they have approved power-strips onboard and would use if necessary.

Ovation of the seas sails out of Australia where all portable electrical equipment in any company must be tested on a yearly basis( test and tag in OZ or PAT testing in UK )  this testing of appliances is a legal requirement and includes not only power strips but kettles, toasters basically everything you plug into a mains supply,  this may be why they were able to supply you with an approved power strip.