Jump to content

1ST Time B2B cruiser


Recommended Posts

My wife and I will be doing our !st B2B cruise on Odyssey of the Seas in March. Any information on how that works would be helpful. Do we report to a certain area while others disembark, will we have access to ship at this time, etc. Thank you in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Wineojim.... First of all, read this great page if you haven't already... https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/12/17/back-back-cruises-tips-and-advice

Congrats on your first B2B. I did my first one January 2022 on Explorer out of San Juan. You should check in with guest services during your first cruise and tell them you are a back to back cruiser. Also, tell your stateroom attendant during the first cruise that you are doing a B2B.  They will help coordinate the details. You will get a letter in your stateroom telling you where to go during turn around. If you are keeping your stateroom, that is great because you won't have to pack all of your belongings and move. If you are moving staterooms for the second cruise, your stateroom attendant will transfer your stuff to your new room during turnaround. In my case, and this may not be the same for you, but they had all back to back cruisers report to the Star Lounge. There, we sat around and enjoyed coffee and a few pastries while everyone else got off the ship. They came around and took our old Sea Pass cards, replaced them with new ones and took our pictures again. (I heard you could request your old card from guest services during the second cruise, as a keepsake of sorts.) There were two customs and border patrol officers who came on the ship and we did our passport checks with them one at a time. In my case, I did not have to get off the ship, but I have heard that sometimes you do have to get off the ship and wait in the terminal until they start boarding again (in which case you are the first to reboard.) I was not able to go to my new room until everyone else, which was after lunch. I tried to do the safety briefing again and was told that I did not have to do it a second time; however, I would suggest checking in with your muster station anyway just to be safe. Your seapass account will get charged to your credit card after each cruise ends. As soon as they released us out of Star Lounge, then we were free to roam the ship. I remember it was quiet for a few minutes before everyone else boarded.

It's important to realize that your results may vary and follow the directions given to you during your cruise. Happy sailing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are thinking of going B2B in 2023. Question for the experienced: Can you bring more than 2 bottles of wine, so that you have the maximum amount for the second leg? What about buying during duty free and getting it when you leave, only to bring it right back on the ship? 

 

Just asking for a friend!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Audrey V. said:

We are thinking of going B2B in 2023. Question for the experienced: Can you bring more than 2 bottles of wine, so that you have the maximum amount for the second leg? What about buying during duty free and getting it when you leave, only to bring it right back on the ship? 

 

Just asking for a friend!

When I inquired a few years ago I was told I could bring 4 bottles of wine in carry on for a B2B.  I was told that security may take two of the bottles and they will be brought to my room at the start of the second cruise.  In practice I put two bottles in my backpack and two bottles in my carry on roller bag.  Because they were separated going through xray security didn't connect them all to me so I was able to keep all 4 bottles.  

Stopping by the ship's duty free store on the last day of the 1st cruise has often resulted in a bottle being allowed to be taken back to your cabin.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another B2B question.  Since we nay be gone for 15 or more days, can anyone suggest good parking nearby with a shuttle or public bus? For our first B2B, I am thinking Ft. Lauderdale,  but in the future also Tampa, Miami and Galveston.  

In NOLA, we used long term parking at the airport to avoid $35 per day spaces.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Audrey V. said:

Another B2B question.  Since we nay be gone for 15 or more days, can anyone suggest good parking nearby with a shuttle or public bus? For our first B2B, I am thinking Ft. Lauderdale,  but in the future also Tampa, Miami and Galveston.  

In NOLA, we used long term parking at the airport to avoid $35 per day spaces.

 

Best B2B deal on parking is the terminal one garage in Port Canaveral.   You pay on entering for cruise #1.   $17 per day.   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A previous post said they didn't need to eave the ship.  From everything I have read you do now.  We are starting a B2B next week and lucky to be in the same cabin for both sailings.  We'll find out if that is true for Seattle. 

I also have read since the pandemic restart you do not have access to your cabin until all are allowed to enter them.  Pre-pandemic you did.  I was told the extra deep clean done now is the reason.  All anecdotal info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Toby said:

A previous post said they didn't need to eave the ship.  From everything I have read you do now.  We are starting a B2B next week and lucky to be in the same cabin for both sailings.  We'll find out if that is true for Seattle. 

I also have read since the pandemic restart you do not have access to your cabin until all are allowed to enter them.  Pre-pandemic you did.  I was told the extra deep clean done now is the reason.  All anecdotal info.

From what I have read, the only cruises where you can stay on board are outside of the USA, as US customs and border patrol require a ship to clear of passengers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spang1974 said:

From what I have read, the only cruises where you can stay on board are outside of the USA, as US customs and border patrol require a ship to clear of passengers.

This has been my experience as well....although I have heard of the occasional domestic cruise where CBP comes on board.  Not common though.  For a domestic closed-jaw cruise you will almost always have to disembark, go through CBP and reboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...