Royal up

I received an royal up notice I am a diamond member and I am wondering who would get the upgrade 1st a diamond member or a gold member? I know someone who is has not even been on a royal ship and has gotten the royal up notice as well . I also know they have to offer just a few dollars more then I do . ( I have a jr suite they have a balcony)  I paid double the price as well . This just seems like just the opposite of why they say to stay loyal to royal.. 

5 hours ago, Georgejensen40 said:

I received an royal up notice I am a diamond member and I am wondering who would get the upgrade 1st a diamond member or a gold member? I know someone who is has not even been on a royal ship and has gotten the royal up notice as well . I also know they have to offer just a few dollars more then I do . ( I have a jr suite they have a balcony)  I paid double the price as well . This just seems like just the opposite of why they say to stay loyal to royal.. 

As the other poster said RoyalUp is done by a third party. They don't see your status with RCG, nor do they see how much you paid. I find that people stay loyal to something because they like the product and services offered. Price is not really a loyal selling point as the case would be you would go with whomever is cheaper, thus no loyalty. 

6 hours ago, Georgejensen40 said:

having booked an interior,  balcony and Js On the same sailing I can tell you that the balcony Royal up to a JS was not “cheap” and they were not able to royal up on the more luxurious suites the interior offer to Royal up was only up to a balcony.   don’t worry about  others.