Pre-Cruise Covid Testing - What do I need to do?

Hey There! So I am cruising on Harmony in September and I wanted to know how to go about doing the covid test before the cruise. 

I would like to purchase the covid test that I heard we can order and it gets sent to me so that I can take the test. How does this process work? Where do I go online to order the test and how do I setup to do it online in front of someone?

I am just wondering how the process works so that I can be ready. Did Matt do a video about this??

Thank You!!

Bill

We went to the drive through at Walgreen's for our cruise Covid test and with our insurance the experience was free. Results were available in two hours, and we were ready to go. Please be aware that Covid requirements could possibly change by September.  Some cruise lines are already eliminating the requirement to review your results!  All of this will make it easier for the traveler, although it may not be safer health-wise...

Interesting! So, my brother was given the exact same Abbott BinaxNow boxes of Covid test from his bout with Covid. Am I right to assume that we could create the account with the proctor site and just use these tests at home without paying for them to send us tests? (presuming they haven't expired, of course) 

42 minutes ago, Bill Johnson said:

Interesting! So, my brother was given the exact same Abbott BinaxNow boxes of Covid test from his bout with Covid. Am I right to assume that we could create the account with the proctor site and just use these tests at home without paying for them to send us tests? (presuming they haven't expired, of course) 

You would need to see if the test kit he has is the proctored version or not.

if it’s not you could you it for the onpoint website. 

43 minutes ago, Bill Johnson said:

With OnPoint and Rt&T, yes you should be able to use any home test. 

On 7/27/2022 at 1:59 AM, PhillyLady said:

We went to the drive through at Walgreen's for our cruise Covid test and with our insurance the experience was free. Results were available in two hours, and we were ready to go. Please be aware that Covid requirements could possibly change by September.  Some cruise lines are already eliminating the requirement to review your results!  All of this will make it easier for the traveler, although it may not be safer health-wise...

We contacted Walgreens about getting our COVID test before our trip in August. They told us that they will bill our insurance and if we were not experiencing symptoms that tests for travel were not covered. We would then need to pay $125 out of pocket. How did you get around that?