Jr suite Choice Departure?

PRMLVM

I don't think they are allowing anyone to stay in the rooms anymore. Pre-pandemic even in a GS we still had to be out by a certain time.

This has everything to do with the narrow turn around window.

What you'll be asked to do is hover in a common area (buffet, promenade cafe etc) until your tag is called.

28 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I don't think they are allowing anyone to stay in the rooms anymore. Pre-pandemic even in a GS we still had to be out by a certain time.

This has everything to do with the narrow turn around window.

What you'll be asked to do is hover in a common area (buffet, promenade cafe etc) until your tag is called.

Any idea what time they want all rooms vacated by?  It's just so hard getting some members of the family up for an early departure, especially on that laaaasssssttttt day.

Also, is the "tag call" just the earliest time you are ABLE to leave (that is, your luggage is ready)?   If my tag call is 7:XX but I'm eating or taking a last stroll, I can still stay on the ship and go through the debarkation process LATER....just not any earlier; is that a correct understanding?

These are general questions for any sailing, but the next one will be specifically on Mariner if ship makes a difference to these procedures.  Does it?

Yes, the tag call is the earliest you would leave, which is when you're luggage would be ready for pick up.
I think 8am is already pushing it to still be in your cabin. I would imagine the cabin stewards know what the time the room departures are (since they deliver the luggage tags), and will expect the rooms to be vacated by then.

51 minutes ago, PRMLVM said:

Any idea what time they want all rooms vacated by?  It's just so hard getting some members of the family up for an early departure, especially on that laaaasssssttttt day.

Also, is the "tag call" just the earliest time you are ABLE to leave (that is, your luggage is ready)?   If my tag call is 7:XX but I'm eating or taking a last stroll, I can still stay on the ship and go through the debarkation process LATER....just not any earlier; is that a correct understanding?

These are general questions for any sailing, but the next one will be specifically on Mariner if ship makes a difference to these procedures.  Does it?

Out of NJ the latest disembarkation time was 8:45am, however they have called "all can leave now" as early as 8:00, which is "funny" since breakfast is served until 8:30.
They did start creating disembarkation locations again, like they had done Pre-Covid  tag#x goes to the main Dining room on 3, etc....
On my last cruise the stateroom attendant was knocking on my adult children's door at 8:15 to get them out.  I do not know what their disembarkation instructions were.  For once I minded my own business and proceeded to my B2B location for 8:00  (the "kids" were disembarking to go home)

just to clarify my question:

Suites have priority departure the last day.   Key holders have choice departure.   Jr Suites have......? any say in their departure time?

Sorry to be a pest; I'm asking on behalf of a loved one and sometimes it's easier to be that pest on their behalf...!   I'm hearing that everyone has to be out of their rooms by 8:00 regardless.   Just wondering how "safe" the luggage will be in port if the tag time is called, but you stay on the ship later (I've read stories of "lost" - ahem - luggage here).  I know there is the choice of keeping luggage with you, but that seems like a lot to drag around and clog the elevators with. 

Just looking to see if Jr Suites have any say in asking for the latest "tag call" possible.

16 minutes ago, PRMLVM said:

just to clarify my question:

Suites have priority departure the last day.   Key holders have choice departure.   Jr Suites have......? any say in their departure time?

Sorry to be a pest; I'm asking on behalf of a loved one and sometimes it's easier to be that pest on their behalf...!   I'm hearing that everyone has to be out of their rooms by 8:00 regardless.   Just wondering how "safe" the luggage will be in port if the tag time is called, but you stay on the ship later (I've read stories of "lost" - ahem - luggage here).  I know there is the choice of keeping luggage with you, but that seems like a lot to drag around and clog the elevators with. 

Just looking to see if Jr Suites have any say in asking for the latest "tag call" possible.

Sorry I can’t help you.  I’ve filled out the form for all in our family for 3 cabins and received different tags.  One sailing I did go to guest services to ask for the latest tag. They did not ask my cabin category nor my C&A number and just handed over the tag.

regarding potential  mistaken taking of bags, put some colorful bows or other “obnoxious “ identifier.  Also include contact info inside the bag.  It won’t matter what time you disembark if someone mistakes their bag for yours  10 minutes prior to you or an hour prior to your arrival at the luggage terminal

when we were one of the last off on a reduced capacity sailing Royal took all the bags that were left and pushed them together.  That was a heart stopping moment when there were no bags under my number!but we did find them.