Complaint escalation

AllenW

11 hours ago, John Devore said:

I'm new to this group. But I'm not talking about what is being said. I'm complaining about putting the money down for a cruise and couldn't go the week I was going. I lost all that money. I couldn't change my date. 4  thousand dollars GONE. 

That is what travel insurance is for

12 hours ago, John Devore said:

I'm new to this group. But I'm not talking about what is being said. I'm complaining about putting the money down for a cruise and couldn't go the week I was going. I lost all that money. I couldn't change my date. 4  thousand dollars GONE. 

One time a family member had a change to their graduation date from boot camp and I had to walk away from a cruise.  I lost all my cruise money. (but I was at the graduation).  Another time a real estate deal had a hiccup that required I meet with the seller on short notice and if I didn't the deal would fall through.  I lost all my cruise money (but I eventually closed on the deal).

Neither were covered events for travel insurance purposes.  In both cases I decided something else was more important.  That was my choice.

Those were the terms I agreed to when I booked and paid for the cruise.  There was no recourse.  There is no appealing for life events that warrant missing a cruise.