Can vax cards be done in person instead of upload

I understand the reasoning but this is our first time with RC and my husband has no issues with presenting proof but doesn't want his health info "uploaded".   He understands the wait may be a bit longer but our bigger question is....can we still do the online check in and get our bag tags etc and bypass the vaccine upload part and show in person. As we've never sailed with RC before, we don't know if the online check in lets you proceed.

I've had cards validated overnight and on another sailing, it took weeks. If there is a problem with the image, they will give an error in the app and ask you to re-upload.

@mom2bat - I don't know if they take a picture of the vax record when you check in manually or not.  If they do, its getting "uploaded" somewhere regardless.

2 hours ago, mom2bat said:

So we will still be allowed to do online check in with bag tags and surpass the upload part right?

Yes.  Luggage tags are available separate from online check in anyway.  They will be on the last page of your Edocs as well as just a separate file when you log into your Cruise Planner.

3 hours ago, SKB said:

Speaking of Covid Cards...   How long does the "Validating your records" take?  Who do they actually  "validate" with?

They validate with "the big guy", he gets his 10%

I believe the validation is an AI program or real person giving the scanned card a quick look for obvious errors.