PcR testing on Rome

Dude

Hi all.  Does anyone know where in Rome I can get a supervised PCR test with an English certificate?  I am departing from Civitevechia and intend to spend a  few days in Rome prior to embarkation.  Havent found any facilities through searches as yet.  Any help much appreciated, Thanks in advance. Dude. 

I do not think the PCR tests are required in Europe,  You can see the info here, or click on HEALTH in the Royal app.
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#italy

It is my understanding that the antigen tests are very easy to find in Italy.  I would reach out to the hotel you are staying and make an inquiry as to location/cost of testing.
You could also purchase the Emed test kits (rapid/antigen)  here in the states and use those.  They are proctored and are 24 hours a day.
Emed.com sells a 6 test kit package, they might have started selling less.  Royal also sells the test kits on their site.  If you decide to purchase kits and go that route purchase an extra or two in case something goes wrong (missing pieces, drop the kit, etc)

You only need an antigen test and like @Pattycruise says they are easy to source. Many pharmacies do them, some require an appointment, others you can just walk in.

You can check this map for locations near where you're staying: https://www.salutelazio.it/elenco-farmacie-che-eseguono-tamponi-antigenici-rapidi

Otherwise, ask at your accommodation, as they're bound to be able to tell where the closest one is.

The certificates they issue are bilingual, Italian + English. We paid €20 each back in May; I've seen a couple of more recent posters say they paid €22.

The advantage of doing a proctored test, like the e-med ones, if they're available to you, is that your test results don't enter the Italian health system's database, so if you are unlucky enough to test positive, you wouldn't be subject to the same strict quarantine rules.

We were just there a couple weeks ago and one of the people on the cruise stayed at the port the night before and did their testing there.  Here is her report

We found a pharmacy that was open today and had it done and received the results in 10 minutes for 4 of us. This pharmacy does them for the standard price of 15 euro each. They are one of the few pharmacies you'll find open on a Sunday, today is their Sunday opening day as they are the farmacie di turno, which means sort of 'after hours rotation', according to the Italian dept of health website. Farmacia Santa Maria a Civitavecchia (RM) - SistemaSanitario.it

We were in Rome last month

Every pharmacy in Rome had testing set up outside. We had the emed tests but it looked like it would have been easy to take the test locally.

I would ask your hotel if the can help set up a test at a nearby pharmacy.

On 7/11/2022 at 10:55 AM, Dude said:

Thank you for that Patty.  Are the Antigen tests the same as what are generally referred to as LFT?  I'm in the UK so terminology tends to differ and also why I'm unable to get the eMed kit. 

Thanks

If the LFT test is a rapid (antigen) test (not PCR) then yes it is similar. If you are considered fully vaccinated (does not include booster) you can take ANY test so long as it is proctored (supervised).  
If you are unvaccinated you need the PCR test.

Testing dates for boarding will depend on if you are considered fully vaccinated (no booster) or "up to date" (have your booster and it is within 270 days of sailing)
You can see all the info in the app under "health" as to the testing permitted and the date required to test.  Enjoy Italy and your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just a quick follow on question.  I have visited pharmacy's in Rome and the Testing certificate states Immunoassay as the type of test.  It does not state Antigen though the pharmacy insist that it is.  Does anyone know if this is acceptable to the cruise line.

Thanks again 

2 hours ago, Dude said:

Hi just a quick follow on question.  I have visited pharmacy's in Rome and the Testing certificate states Immunoassay as the type of test.  It does not state Antigen though the pharmacy insist that it is.  Does anyone know if this is acceptable to the cruise line.

Thanks again 

Like this?

PXL_20220728_163151247.thumb.jpg.bb37fd05b91f2ca76f8baeafd9b3bf37.jpg

If so, it's fine. You're good to go. Relax and enjoy your cruise. 😊