Drop off at cruise port or terminal? - Miami

Sam D

In Uber search for "Miami cruise terminal A" .  It's important to pick the right terminal in the Uber or Lyft app.  

There is a scam going around where you pick something close then tell the driver to go where you really want to go.  Later you file a complaint and tell Uber the driver refused to go where you wanted.  Uber cancels the ride and screws the driver out of the fare.  For this reason most Uber drivers will only go exactly where you requested in the app.  By following the app and ignoring verbal requests they can't get scammed and screwed out of the ride.  

30 minutes ago, twangster said:

In Uber search for "Miami cruise terminal A" .  It's important to pick the right terminal in the Uber or Lyft app.  

There is a scam going around where you pick something close then tell the driver to go where you really want to go.  Later you file a complaint and tell Uber the driver refused to go where you wanted.  Uber cancels the ride and screws the driver out of the fare.  For this reason most Uber drivers will only go exactly where you requested in the app.  By following the app and ignoring verbal requests they can't get scammed and screwed out of the ride.  

Wow, pay for a cruise but screw the Uber driver.  

1 hour ago, Sam D said:

The app says we need to go to 1015 North America Way. However this looks like the entry to the port. Do we set a Uber to here or straight to Terminal A?

It's an easy ride, just do Terminal A and you are all set.  If the driver misses a turn you will get an intimate tour of the port.  

40 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Wow, pay for a cruise but screw the Uber driver.  

It's an easy ride, just do Terminal A and you are all set.  If the driver misses a turn you will get an intimate tour of the port.  

That scam isn't unique to the Miami cruise port.  It's a universal scam but people who don't use Uber/Lyft often might not understand why it's important to be very precise when ordering an Uber.  In a taxi with a meter it's okay to get in and change the destination as the ride progresses.  Ride sharing doesn't work that way thanks to the folks that scammed the system.  

I am in no way suggesting anyone attempt to scam the system, just want people to understand why it's important to be very precise in the ride share app.  If you specify the port of Miami general address don't be surprised if the driver takes you to the administrative offices for the port and that is where your ride ends.  

Hyjacking a little here.  Based on advice here, we parked at the terminal in PC.  OMG, it was just heavenly and worth every penny.  Between that and the BEST SUITE PERK, being walked off the ship❤️❤️❤️, we were on our way in like minutes.  So do I bite the same cost bullet in Miami?  You all know how cheap I am but boy was that nice!  Looks like $25 per night? Ugh $200!  

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Hyjacking a little here.  Based on advice here, we parked at the terminal in PC.  OMG, it was just heavenly and worth every penny.  Between that and the BEST SUITE PERK, being walked off the ship❤️❤️❤️, we were on our way in like minutes.  So do I bite the same cost bullet in Miami?  You all know how cheap I am but boy was that nice!  Looks like $25 per night? Ugh $200!  

I have and will be parking at the terminal in Miami soon.  Yes, it's not cheap, but neither was airport parking all those times I flew to cruise. 

It's a shame the airport authorities around the country paint the lines in the parking with real gold flakes as I imagine it could be much cheaper if they just painted the lines with white paint, but it is what it is.

At least it's not per person plus 18% gratuity...  🤣

11 hours ago, twangster said:

There is a scam going around where you pick something close then tell the driver to go where you really want to go.  Later you file a complaint and tell Uber the driver refused to go where you wanted.  Uber cancels the ride and screws the driver out of the fare. 

We just can't get away from the scum of the earth.  Amazing.🥵