Coastal Kitchen - Are Guests Allowed?

CruisingOz

Hello RCB Community, We will be travelling with my son and his partner. We will be in a GS and they will be in a balcony. Will they allow us to invite them to dinner at Coastal Kitchen? I would say the rules say no. and so it may depend on the concierge and availability. Has anyone been allowed guests at CK?   

It depends how busy they are.

The default answer you will often here is "no".  Heck even folks in JS can have a hard time making reservations and they are supposed to have dinner access to CK.  

Typically CK is conservative on making reservations for non full suite guests such as JS or Pinnacle until they get a sense how many full suite guests are using CK on that sailing.  I have frequently heard them say "nothing is available" but then there are empty tables in CK.  It seems they hold back some capacity for full suite guests who want last minute visits. 

As a solo cruiser who is going to consume a table for two by myself I've had decent success bringing an ineligible guest to CK dinner but if your table for two becomes a table for four that is a different dynamic.   

Once they are a few days into a cruise they have a better sense how many full suite guests are using CK for that cruise and they might be more willing to bend the rules especially for off peak dinner times, early or late.  The number of Pinnacle on board a particular sailing can influence the outcome.

So if you try to do it every night or prime time 6pm to 6:30pm you'll likely be rejected but if you wait a few days and inquire mid-cruise for an off peak dinner reservation as a one time thing you may be accepted.  It depends.

15 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

Hello RCB Community, We will be travelling with my son and his partner. We will be in a GS and they will be in a balcony. Will they allow us to invite them to dinner at Coastal Kitchen? I would say the rules say no. and so it may depend on the concierge and availability. Has anyone been allowed guests at CK?   

When we were on Allure, we were the only ones in our party that were in a GS. We spoke to the Concierge and not only did he arrange for our whole party, of 11, to dine at CK for dinner one evening, he also invited the entire party for a 'Suite Only' cocktail party on the Helipad. It was very nice of him to accommodate us.