New Rules for Transatlantic to Europe

KenCP

New Rules for entry into Spain and other countries by ship.  You now have to be fully vaccinated no exceptions even for kids.

All Royal Caribbean guests must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing. Guests who do not meet this requirement, including unvaccinated children under age 12, will not be permitted to board a transatlantic sailing departing from the U.S. to Europe.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=transatlantic

Sailings for which protocols are currently available. 

• April 20, 2022 Wonder of the Seas sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Barcelona, Spain

• April 23, 2022 Odyssey of the Seas sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Rome, Italy

• April 29, 2022 Vision of the Seas sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Barcelona, Spain

• April 29, 2022 Jewel of the Seas sailing from Miami, Florida to Amsterdam, Netherlands

• May 2, 2022 Anthem of the Seas sailing from Cape Liberty, New Jersey to Southampton, U.K.

If you read on in that article the following section contradicts the above which confuses it a bit lol 

Guests who are not up to date will need to complete additional testing before disembarking in some European ports and may have additional restrictions while ashore. 

19 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

Doesn't "full covid-19 vaccination" mean both pfizer/moderna or single j&j shots, while "up-to-date" means you got your booster shot? 

Seems to be so many contradictions on what "up to date" means.  I wish they would just say 2 doses is up to date, or with booster is up to date. I have a booster but I can see how it can be confusing for some. 

36 minutes ago, Ray said:

If you read on in that article the following section contradicts the above which confuses it a bit lol 

Guests who are not up to date will need to complete additional testing before disembarking in some European ports and may have additional restrictions while ashore. 

If you are entering and are from are from a Non EU country, Spain requires you to have a booster shot if it has been 270 days since your second dose. I think Royal needs to be clear on their wording, it is confusing for people for sure.  I have my booster so I just have to order more testing kits as I arrive 2 days before departure and my test for entry into the US will not cover the test now needed for Spain.

Up to date in the eyes of the CDC is fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible). Technically you can be up to date with no booster.

Eligibility for booster: For Pfizer/ Moderna, booster after 5 months from last dose in two dose series. For J&J, 2 months after dose. For 5-11 group, boosters are not recommended at this time.

According to the Spanish Government website F.A.Q.  https://spthm.puertos.es/faq?tab=1  we need to have a rapid test the day before we enter our first port. So, do we not need another one because we are having one taken the day before boarding?

Required Pre-Cruise Testing

Before arriving on boarding day, you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense, to meet boarding requirements.

Most transatlantic guests must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 1 day before boarding day. This is due to a requirement from the government of Spain for ships that visit the country. Guests on the May 2nd Anthem of the Seas sailing to the U.K. will have 2 days to complete this test.

International guests flying into the U.S. must complete a PCR test taken within 1 day of flying. If timed properly, this same PCR test result could satisfy Royal Caribbean’s boarding day requirement, except on sailings that touch Spain.

I'm not sure on this testing time period. If we are on Wonder of the Seas that leaves out of Rome 6/2/22 (Thurs). Can we test on 5/31/22 (Tues. night), we fly out of Las Vegas 6/1/22 at 8am, to arrive in Rome at 9am and leave on ship 6/2/22. Does this meet the RC requirements? We do have a port stop in Barcelona on like day 4 or 5. So, we won't be able to get off ship with the test we did on 5/31? We will have to test on the cruise 1 day before getting off ship in Barcelona? So confused... Any information is helpful!!

10 hours ago, Hharris1997 said:

I'm not sure on this testing time period. If we are on Wonder of the Seas that leaves out of Rome 6/2/22 (Thurs). Can we test on 5/31/22 (Tues. night), we fly out of Las Vegas 6/1/22 at 8am, to arrive in Rome at 9am and leave on ship 6/2/22. Does this meet the RC requirements? We do have a port stop in Barcelona on like day 4 or 5. So, we won't be able to get off ship with the test we did on 5/31? We will have to test on the cruise 1 day before getting off ship in Barcelona? So confused... Any information is helpful!!

You will get an update from Royal about 4 weeks before your cruise.  Between now and then a lot can change.

18 hours ago, Hharris1997 said:

Currently there is no testing requirement in Spain for people vaccinated within the last 270 days before arrival. If your vaccination is older than that you will need a booster.  Between now and sailing all things are subject to change when it comes to covid rules. 

Anyone sailing to Europe has to complete an entry document (check the country's web site for more details) - Italy you can register ahead if you know your entry point and where you are staying but Spain can only be completed 48 hours prior to arrival, which is going to make for an interesting time on ship.  It *seems* that even if you are going directly to the airport from the terminal you have to complete the registry, but that is not 100% clear. Like other posters said, things might change in just a couple of weeks.

8 hours ago, Riley said:

Anyone sailing to Europe has to complete an entry document (check the country's web site for more details) - Italy you can register ahead if you know your entry point and where you are staying but Spain can only be completed 48 hours prior to arrival, which is going to make for an interesting time on ship.  It *seems* that even if you are going directly to the airport from the terminal you have to complete the registry, but that is not 100% clear. Like other posters said, things might change in just a couple of weeks.

Several countries have dropped their passenger locator forms for entry now or will be doing so April 1.