Experience cruising with 2-5 year old.

My family will be cruising on the Harmony leaving April 17th.  My younger daughter is in the 2-5 year group that can't get vaccinated but still has mask restrictions and the extra testing.  I am wondering if anyone has been on a cruise recently that could share their experience about how restrictive it will be and how things are enforced.

I know they have lifted the mask policy for vaccinated guests, but it says my 3 year old will still have to wear a mask inside.  

Is the mask policy enforced for the younger kids in the 2-5 age group?

Is there anything we can't do because she is unvaccinated?

Anything else you share about your experience?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.  

46 minutes ago, raptorbark said:

Yes

46 minutes ago, raptorbark said:

She cannot go on independent shore excursions, meaning tours not through Royal Caribbean

In the main dining room, I believe there is a certain deck for unvaccinated families to dine at

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Yes

Is saying yes here from experience recently?  I know what it is say on the website.  I want to know what it is like in practice.  How do they actually enforce the wearing of the masks for small children?  Just saying yes to my question isn't what I am looking for here.  I have read everything on the website and want to know what it is actually like on the ship.  

2 hours ago, raptorbark said:

My family will be cruising on the Harmony leaving April 17th.  My younger daughter is in the 2-5 year group that can't get vaccinated but still has mask restrictions and the extra testing.  I am wondering if anyone has been on a cruise recently that could share their experience about how restrictive it will be and how things are enforced.

I know they have lifted the mask policy for vaccinated guests, but it says my 3 year old will still have to wear a mask inside.  

Anything else you share about your experience?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.  

The mask requirement is only for Adventure Ocean. They do not need to wear masks anywhere else on the ship.

17 hours ago, raptorbark said:

Is saying yes here from experience recently?  I know what it is say on the website.  I want to know what it is like in practice.  How do they actually enforce the wearing of the masks for small children?  Just saying yes to my question isn't what I am looking for here.  I have read everything on the website and want to know what it is actually like on the ship.  

We are not going to tell you that you are allowed to break the rules.  If you choose to cruise, assume the rules will be enforced.  If you don't like that answer, then don't cruise.  There's always the chance the rules will change again for better or worse.

It is an "expectation" that unvaxxed will wear a mask.  It is really up to the ship staff to enforce.  You are in a small pool of people here who might actually be traveling with an under 5 year old to be able to weigh in.  I will say that when they did have the mask mandate hubby and I were sitting in a vax only venue-socially distanced as required and were unmasked.  I had a drink, he had none. One of the staff members came up and told him to put on his mask since he didn't have anything to drink.    Meanwhile in other venues nothing was said.  So it will really depend on the ship/staff.    If you go, go with the mindset that your child might actually be told to put on the mask as they "expect".
BTW, currently ALL passengers have had to wear a mask in the terminals, during Check in and while embarking/disembarking at the various ports. (at least that was the case when they first went maskless for vax passengers)

3 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

We are not going to tell you that you are allowed to break the rules.  If you choose to cruise, assume the rules will be enforced.  If you don't like that answer, then don't cruise.  There's always the chance the rules will change again for better or worse.

I am not asking for people to tell it is ok to do something or not.  My family was on a cruise (Disney)  in December where everyone had to wear masks at all times inside.  I am just looking for what the experience is for people now in the same scenario as myself.  

3 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

It is an "expectation" that unvaxxed will wear a mask.  It is really up to the ship staff to enforce.  You are in a small pool of people here who might actually be traveling with an under 5 year old to be able to weigh in.  I will say that when they did have the mask mandate hubby and I were sitting in a vax only venue-socially distanced as required and were unmasked.  I had a drink, he had none. One of the staff members came up and told him to put on his mask since he didn't have anything to drink.    Meanwhile in other venues nothing was said.  So it will really depend on the ship/staff.    If you go, go with the mindset that your child might actually be told to put on the mask as they "expect".
BTW, currently ALL passengers have had to wear a mask in the terminals, during Check in and while embarking/disembarking at the various ports. (at least that was the case when they first went maskless for vax passengers)

Thank you for this insight, it is more what I am asking for.  How things it is actually like on the ship.