Port Stops With Unvaccinated Kids

Sam D

I’m going to piggyback a question here. I believe the unvaccinated-kids policy reads something like, “Families traveling with unvaccinated children must purchase an RC shore excursion to go ashore.” This wording has always confused me. If the kiddos stay in AO, I take it to mean that the adults can go onto land even without a shore excursion booked. Is that accurate?

1 hour ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

I may be out of the loop here, but is this requirement mandated by the CDC, port authorities, or the cruise line?

It might be a combination of all three. With some port stops having such a low vax rate, it will be easier to contain if those who aren't vaxxed stay in a bubble. In regard to the CDC and RCG, it might help with contact tracing and reduction of spread.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

It might be a combination of all three. With some port stops having such a low vax rate, it will be easier to contain if those who aren't vaxxed stay in a bubble. In regard to the CDC and RCG, it might help with contact tracing and reduction of spread.

They can certainly hope.