Documentation

Hschreur

I leave for a 4 day cruise Monday. Just recently i realized i have an expired passport. I have a valid green card, but was wondering how this will effect my trip. One cruise representative tells me one thing, another something different. Will i get on the boat? Can i get off in the Bahamas? 

31 minutes ago, Hschreur said:

Will i get on the boat? Can i get off in the Bahamas? 

This is something I would check with Royal directly to get an answer since you have a unique situation.

Royal's website states:

United States Permanent Residents must have a United States Permanent Resident Card and a passport from your home country is strongly recommended.

Royal links to https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-we-grant-your-green-card/international-travel-as-a-permanent-resident for more information. From what I see you can go on the cruise with just the green card per the US rules but you are subject to the rules of the countries the ship is visiting which is the Bahamas in your case. The Bahamas requires the green card and a valid passport from your country of birth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My grandma and I are going on a domestic cruise in less than a month. She has a valid green card and a government issued Driver's License. She does not have a passport or her birth certificate from her country of birth. Will this stop her from being able to board?

21 hours ago, Ari1 said:

My grandma and I are going on a domestic cruise in less than a month. She has a valid green card and a government issued Driver's License. She does not have a passport or her birth certificate from her country of birth. Will this stop her from being able to board?

you can look in the app to see the acceptable forms of ID