April 2018 Allure Main Theater Show

rjac

I know RCCI rotates the shows in the theater on board the Allure. This past February they had "Mamma Mia" and before that "Chicago". Do any of the moderators know or can speculate what show will be offered in April 2018?  Also, will "Blue Planet" still be performed?  Thanks.

I would expect Mama Mia (and all major productions) to be in production for a while longer.  It seems as if the rotation of the major productions are at least 5 - 6 years.  I read somewhere (could have been here...can't remember) that it's cheaper for them to rotate the ships' home ports than it is to rotate the major productions so once in place, they tend to leave them there for a while.

I'm not that big on the production shows so once I've seen a show (if we manage to make it through the whole thing, which is rare), I am not anxious to go back and see it again so I would LOVE to see them rotate the shows more often, but I understand that doing that is quite cost prohibitive.

I think they rotate the cast members fairly frequently but not the entire production.

I can certainly say I wouldn't complain if they got rid of Mama Mia before I board in October... I'm not a big fan of ABBA. :| I am excited for the aqua shows and Blue Planet, though!

I guess that means you won't be going to the ABBA Museum if you do a Baltic cruise. ;)