RCCL web site removes room number seach box

afulton67

When searching for connecting rooms available on a cruise ship that are open you had a box that you could put that room number in and it would tell you if is available or not. I was searching for rooms last night and looks like they took that option away and now only offer you a few options on certain decks. Is this a update to the web site? Could it be my web browser? This makes it difficult to find connecting rooms available or a certain rooms I like for a family of five. I like to know the rooms that are available before I call my travel agent. Anyone else notice this change to the web site?

This makes it difficult to find connecting rooms available or a certain rooms I like for a family of five. I like to know the rooms that are available before I call my travel agent. 

Tell your TA  if you have a special need and let them do their job.  That is their speciality and that is why you hire them.  

You have to go through and create a mock booking, they select a room for you, and then on the right hand side there is a text box where you can enter a room number.  It worked as of yesterday.

I think this was changed when they added the variable pricing for different floors on the ship (which I find highly annoying!). I have a booking with a balcony that is way back in the rear of the ship (but not one of the nice aft facing cabins) - very, very far from anything. But it's $200 more since it's on deck 9 instead of decks 6 or 7. I'd rather be mid-ship on 6 or 7 and save the $$$, but's the only room with a connecting interior on the ship, so I'm stuck with paying extra for the inconvenience until the kids get older.  

Barney,

When did they start the variable pricing for different floors. I just booked two cruises and just realized they are doing this. Some of the cabins I was looking at, ocean view unobstructed, seem to be on the two lowest decks, 2 & 3. Before I had choices on decks 6, 7, and 8. Is this just more revenue gathering for them? I don't like it.

Barney,

When did they start the variable pricing for different floors. I just booked two cruises and just realized they are doing this. Some of the cabins I was looking at, ocean view unobstructed, seem to be on the two lowest decks, 2 & 3. Before I had choices on decks 6, 7, and 8. Is this just more revenue gathering for them? I don't like it.

I don't know when it started, but it's become obvious just recently.  I don't like it.  It smacks of Carnival's website - "want a bathroom with that cabin?  Just $15 more!"

I don't know when it started, but it's become obvious just recently. I don't like it. It smacks of Carnival's website - "want a bathroom with that cabin? Just $15 more!"

I'd argue that Carnival is worse in this regard in two ways. One, they still have bunk inside cabins, so the lowest inside fare is usually for a cabin no one wants. Second, they have multiple fares for the danger cabin, some that offer price protection but don't allow for a refundable deposit.

I don't know when it started, but it's become obvious just recently.  I don't like it.  It smacks of Carnival's website - "want a bathroom with that cabin?  Just $15 more!"

I just recently noticed this as I haven't been on looking at cruise pricing for a while.  I'm not a fan.  I miss the old days when you could go to certain sites and see every available cabin in a given category that was available.  I managed to snag a few good aft cabins that way.  

Now you can spend a few hours trying to weigh all the options between category, location and pricing.

I miss the old days when you could go to certain sites and see every available cabin in a given category that was available.  I managed to snag a few good aft cabins that way.  

Now you can spend a few hours trying to weigh all the options between category, location and pricing.

I agree wholeheartedly.  Booking on Adventure - what room class should I pick?  H, I, J, Q, JS, D1, D3, E3, E1, E2, FO, F, I, PR, L, N, Q, FS, K, M, RS, OS, GS, PF, P1, or P2?  Now add different pricing for each floor and it becomes more like filling out a tax form, LOL....