Where to live for easy sailing?

Censored

Im a Canadian living in Toronto.  Most of my cruises involve a 7 hour drive to Bayonne New Jersey.  Im considering either buying or renting a place in Florida as I simply dont want to do winter anymore in Canada.  Im looking for recommendations  for best cities to live in perhaps a 55 plus kind of community,  with not too much congestion, easy driving time to ports,  safe, low taxes/fees  low crime rates , reasonably priced .  Royal Caribbean will be the brand of course along with Celebrity.

16 minutes ago, Eddy said:

Im a Canadian living in Toronto.  Most of my cruises involve a 7 hour drive to Bayonne New Jersey.  Im considering either buying or renting a place in Florida as I simply dont want to do winter anymore in Canada.  Im looking for recommendations  for best cities to live in perhaps a 55 plus kind of community,  with not too much congestion, easy driving time to ports,  safe, low taxes/fees  low crime rates , reasonably priced .  Royal Caribbean will be the brand of course along with Celebrity.

Hi @Eddy, I'm from N. Florida originally and anytime we have to go back down to visit family we tend to stay in Palm Coast. It's still a rather sleepy town (by FL standards) with a lot of retirees. I think it stayed that way, since it is just a little to far to live and commute to either Jacksonville or Orlando. That said, I think the pricing is decent (relative to amenities such as pretty nice beaches that allow dogs.) From there, it's about an hour and a half to the RC cruise terminal. That said, it is generally not a walkable area and I find the restaurants a little lacking, but I think it is worth the trade off. Oh, take this with a grain of salt, since I am not of retirement age. So, I may not have the same perspective, but this is where I would like to retire. Additionally, we are hoping to get a fifth wheel eventually and park it there when we go down to see the family. Hope that review helps. Best of luck!   

If you want to be as close as possible to as many ships as possible, South Florida is where you want to be (Fort Lauderdale/Miami area).

It's cheaper to live further north in the state, such as Orlando. 

If you go even further north, prices drop more, but you're a few hours drive to the ports.